• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor is the new boss

Stelios

Delighted with this. A natural leader. The more I thought about it the thought of having an external 'journeyman' boss with their own team who've done well and not so well at half a dozen clubs just wouldn't have felt right.

Taylor knows the club. It's a logical choice. There has been no 'limbo'. Just have to get on with it now.

Wish him all the best.

Pretty much was planned by the looks of it. I think he will do well and will know the club, will know the youth, will have relationships with the players which should help with retention etc and you would imagine he is relatively cheap. That being said I still think there was the potential to get a very good external manager who had new contacts and ideas which might not have been a bad thing but I do think that Taylor will be a popular and I hope successful manager for us. :)

As a side point you would imagine that Matt Oakley will follow Tis to MK Dons...

denzil

Good Luck Matt - we're all behind you fella !!

Benguin

Best of luck Matt, good appointment in terms of continuity and understanding the club.

ExeterCityLad

I mean, It's a slight improvement on Tisdale. Wouldn't have been my first choice though.

dontpassback

Good luck Matt,knows the club and how it works,well done !

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Meh - underwhelming & typically safe IMO.

Think it was time for a brand new start - don’t feel this gives us that as it just feels like the continuation of what’s already happening or happened, personally think the position should of been advertised & somebody from the outside willing to ruffle a few feathers appointed , but that’s just personal preference.

Good luck Matt Taylor - hopefully you manage as well as you used to head it

berniesworld

#HappyWithThat

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very pleased Good Luck Matt Taylor

I think there are a couple of pertinent questions to ask:

Is he on a two year rolling contract?
Is he likely to play someone to support Jayden?

Pleased with the appointment and I certainly appreciate the speed of the decision, given the time of year.

Onwards!