• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield away - Easter Monday

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A good day out, not too far and will be a very important match. Sadly I'll be working and can't go.

Legohead

Banned
Never heard the phrase, 'a good day out' said by anybody regarding Mansfield. :ROFLMAO:

I'll be there and also back home for about 20 past 5 so very much looking forward to it. Even if it IS Mansfield.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never heard the phrase, 'a good day out' said by anybody regarding Mansfield. :ROFLMAO:
😁..Not wrong there.
Unfortunately I have had the misfortune to come into contact with a few non friendly locals on my past couple of visits to the town.
I did not mention the miners strike in ‘84 either 😎
(scab town I was told by a friend of mine from Yorkshire 😁)

Excellent record there over the years..Shame it’s on a BH Monday.The roads will be a nightmare from the South West.

Legohead

Banned
😁..Not wrong there.
Unfortunately I have had the misfortune to come into contact with a few non friendly locals on my past couple of visits to the town.
I did not mention the miners strike in ‘84 either 😎
(scab town I was told by a friend of mine from Yorkshire 😁)

Excellent record there over the years..Shame it’s on a BH Monday.The roads will be a nightmare from the South West.
As a bona fide yorkie who grew up in a mining village I can confirm that Mansfield was indeed considered a scab area.

They also have quite a few knuckledraggers amongst their ranks but also some very fair abd salt of the earth people.

I'll be there and also back home for about 20 past 5 so very much looking forward to it. Even if it IS Mansfield.
You (& me) will not be home by 20 past 5, as I've said before this is the game we will clinch promotion, and we will still be at the ground celebrating.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No clap from me, will likely be either still in, or heading home from, Dorset that day. Means I can do Morecambe (H) on Good Friday though, which is nice.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There are some great pubs in Nottingham!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are some great pubs in Nottingham!
After York,my favourite city for a away day.
Better staying there for a bit then getting the train to Mansfield.