• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Macclesfield Away - Tuesday 9 April (new date!)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The pubs in the town are superb. We had a great pub crawl, on the night of the postponement. (drunk)

We had planned to catch a bus from the town centre out to the ground.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not many local boozers on Google maps now, the two closest are the Golden Lion (further away from the centre) and the Railway View (half-way between town and the ground). Wonder if anyone has experience of these?
I went in the Golden Lion last In 1990(always remember it because it had the same name as my pre match pub in Exeter at the time) & Railway View in 2008,Both visits too long ago for a recommendation I’m afraid..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Confirmed that I can go. Looking forward to a pint or two in the very excellent Waters Green Tavern.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Two other pubs that are well worth the visit, The Snow Goose (though a bit pretentious :)) and the Jolly Sailor.

There is a Wetherspoons somewhere in town as well.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got a seat spare in the car if any one fancys a trip to the birthplace of Ian Curtis of Joy Division fame..Leaving Exeter at 1100.
I know it’s on iplayer,but it could be your last chance to knock the ground off your list for a while.
Give me a PM if interested.