• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luke Young from Torquay??

Probably a load of rubbish but had a look at the lot down the roads forum to see the bitterness about the Grimes fee when I came across this thread on there (http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=87046). A load of rubbish or any legs in it? Personally I think he would be decent in a Paul Tisdale style team but he is an ex Green so not keen from that point of view. :)

Last edited:

Saint James

Probably a load of rubbish but had a look at the lot down the roads forum to see the bitterness about the Grimes fee when I came across this thread on there (http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=87046). A load of rubbish or any legs in it? Personally I think he would be decent in a Paul Tisdale style team but he is an ex Green so not keen from that point of view. :)
Isn't he just a more polished version of our own Sercs?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Right sided midfielder - do we need one and an Argyle reject, may shine in a Conference side but we need players of League one potential, and there are other priorities than midfield at the moment - so no legs in it

davecg

Had our financial situation been different in the summer I reckon Tis may have been interested, as it is the Turks will want a fee and I cant see us splashing the cash on transfer fees just because we have some.

Isn't he just a more polished version of our own Sercs?
I don't know tbh, I always thought he was a playmaker style midfielder who was possibly a bit lightweight but could be wrong. Just saw it and thought I would pass it on just encase! :)

Looks like Bristol City have been watching him and I think you are right davecg Tis might have been interested in the summer but probably wouldn't want to pay the kind of fee Torquay are likely to want for him from us.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TORQUAY-UNITED-Luke-Young-sale-says-Gulls-manager/story-25094816-detail/story.html

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like Bristol City have been watching him and I think you are right davecg Tis might have been interested in the summer but probably wouldn't want to pay the kind of fee Torquay are likely to want for him from us.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TORQUAY-UNITED-Luke-Young-sale-says-Gulls-manager/story-25094816-detail/story.html
Sounds a bit like smoke and mirrors from CH to me. Given their parlous state of finances down there, even one postponement during the transfer window on that quagmire of a pitch, and their board could be grateful for any crumbs offered. If Tis wants him, then we find in the ourselves (for the first time ever ?) in the position to flex some financial muscle and get a bargain deal ! :p

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the deal was right for us then i would take the lad. I wanted him here in the summer. My argyle mates say it was a poor decision to release him. Far to good for the conference.

mdg

He is too good for the conference, might do a job here, we have had argyle rejects before and some we have taken to

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
He is too good for the conference, might do a job here, we have had argyle rejects before and some we have taken to
Dazza anyone? And look how he turned out for us. Only the second best striker behind Kellow.