• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luke Young from Torquay??

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Been told that Tisdale has been keeping tabs on Young recently. Likely to bid about £75k for him in the summer with only 12 months left on his contract. Troy could also rejoin if Carlisle are relegated.

DanceMagnet

Been told that Tisdale has been keeping tabs on Young recently. Likely to bid about £75k for him in the summer with only 12 months left on his contract. Troy could also rejoin if Carlisle are relegated.
Loved Troy while he was with us, but I think it would be a bad move now. Unfortunately, injuries have taken their toll.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Depends on how reliable your source is. Is it someone who should know something.

Red Monster

I wouldn't think we would pay 75k for a player we could have picked up on a free in the summer .
They'll be a lot of players going for nothing in the summer unless he's a world beater can't see us
spending that much on a Conference player.

mdg

Saw him when torquay played telford and lost, he took all the corners and all the free kicks, and looked no better than any of the other players on the park

Angus

If luke was good enough for league two or higher then he'd be going Plymouth, there's no way he'd ever join us at Exeter. He hates Exeter. We should be looking at league one standard players, not league two!

paperclip

Wouldn't £75k make him our record signing?

I fully expect the Grimes money to be frittered away, but I'm not sure the club will do it this way. Anyway, don't signings come to us rather than the other way round?;)

grecianfaniow

I fully expect the Grimes money to be frittered away, but I'm not sure the club will do it this way. Anyway, don't signings come to us rather than the other way round?;)
This made me laugh record signing thats how embarrasing our finances has been over the last century lol! When we do or did get money it either paid debts off or feed the fat cats at the top letting them waste it doing **** ought.

Last edited:

edindevon

I was wondering only the other day whether the Grimes cash may mean the record transfer fee paid for a player -£65K for Kellow in March 1980 - could soon be broken. I came to the conclusion it probably won't happen for a good few years yet.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tisdale after ex-player shocker!