• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Local football

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
First call off this season (bloody rain)
No doubt first of many too Creds. Good luck with Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri and Saturday fixtures throughout March trying to clear the backlog.

Colesman Ballz

Indeed I’m looking forward to it , first game I’ve been able to attend this season
Oh dear, not exactly what the doctor ordered !

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Wasn’t great , but nice to see the ground look more 2018 than 1970

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about Devon, but up here in London the "proper" game has been dying on its backside for a few years now. The key consideration is that people just don't want to commit essentially a whole day to the proper stuff and tend instead to play midweek short-sided stuff that you can do after work for an hour. As I said earlier in the thread, our league is down to 9 teams now (one of them new) so just running one division when we were running two divisions of around 10+ sides each in recent years.
Unfortunately we're about to be down to 8 teams - we've struggled to get sides out all season, often relying on players drafting in mates for one-off appearances, and have had to concede our last four matches dating back before Christmas.

With 7 confirmed for this Sunday I've already made it known I'm pulling the plug entirely if we don't get a side out this weekend.

grecIAN Harris

I see Phil Margretts, who refereed in the D&E, died last week. He was also manager at Budleigh when they were doing really well back in the 90's.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I see Phil Margretts, who refereed in the D&E, died last week. He was also manager at Budleigh when they were doing really well back in the 90's.
We had a minutes silence before our 3-2 win against Axminster last Saturday...

Decent run since Xmas for Bow with 4 wins from the last 5 and we travel to Uplowman Saturday

PeteUSA

Phil Margrett; thats sad news. A fellow referee and great servant to Budleigh back in the day. Where did you see the obit Ian? I cant find it online.

iscalad

Phil Margrett; thats sad news. A fellow referee and great servant to Budleigh back in the day. Where did you see the obit Ian? I cant find it online.
Googling gives us this.

http://defleague.co.uk/news-stories/r-i-p-phil/

grecIAN Harris

Which is where I saw it. I was just having a quick look to see how Winkleigh were getting on when I saw it.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
How are you looking for the new season Credy?