• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lloyd James joins Forest Green

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
007's posts are pretty annoying to read. It's like solving a puzzle, trial and error until you finally understand what he meant. And even then I sometimes have to question if I've got it correct.
He’s an imbecile with no redeeming features other than he supports the lads.

#TeamD_Lo_

Stelios

Yeah i agree, holding midfielders are ALWAYS over critisised dates bac to veron, ferguson luved him the vocal **** heads and idiot media gave him stick, even the majestic claude maca got some stick at the chavs his success's helped open a few eyes but seemingly not enuf good luc to the lloyd the fact that another xlub was willing to pay for him suggests lower lge holding midfielders are justifably valued within the game
Agreed. Heard an interesting radio chat about this last year. Described how when a team is not playing well the first scapegoat is always the 'holding midfielder'. It's a universal truth in football at every level.

Trouble is Kante is now the 'new Makalele' and has broken the mould on what 'we' expect from our defensive midfielders.

Having said all that, James always struck me as someone who couldn't pass, tackle or shoot (drunk)

Exe on Valdez

TBF when I watched that Doidge play he wasn't all that.
I saw him play against us last season and I agree that he wasn’t all that.

I would still take him over Lloyd James, though.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Fell one appearance short of 100 for Exeter. Just the three goals, would expect more from a midfielder.
We’ve had strikers with worse records

fred binneys head

We’ve had strikers with worse records
Have we? Who?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's making himself a few friends on Twitter

It’s coming home they said �� before they met a bang average side do me a favour u deluded mother jives ��

Terryhall

Perhaps I misunderstood but did Lloyd James really just describe Modric, Rakitic, Perisic, Rebic and Mandzukic as "bang average"...?

manc grecian

If his name was Jamesic he would walk into that midfield.

Red Bill

Perhaps I misunderstood but did Lloyd James really just describe Modric, Rakitic, Perisic, Rebic and Mandzukic as "bang average"...?
Yeah but you have to take into account that for James, 'bang average' is a distant pinnacle that he's yet to scale. Lets face it James never even made it to basecamp!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster