• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lloyd James joins Forest Green

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
they go wrong because they are simple
An extremely accurate summary of the majority of your ramblings on here.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
So. Is 007 going to explain the difference between a holding midfielder and a defensive midfielder?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
So. Is 007 going to explain the difference between a holding midfielder and a defensive midfielder?
Well, that an easy one.

The holding midfielder stands in front and holds.

The defensive midfielder just stands behind and tries to defend the balls

When I saw the bain of my footballing life had left a couple of days ago I let out the loudest scream of happiness I have had for years followed by a out of body experience that we had actually 'sold' him for money as well no matter how much it ended up being........

Always tried hard and seemed to care but literally sucked the life out of me watching the 'nearly man' every weekend. The chap litterally is 'nearly' good at everything but isn't good enough at anything to be a professional footballer. He clearly has a good football brain but without the ability to make it work for him.

Good luck at Forest Green Rovers or should I say good luck FGR fans you will need it.......

Exe on Valdez

Your question can join the queue.

It’s been over a year since 007 was asked the true value of Ollie Watkins, when he announced that the club had got it wrong. It’s a simple answer, but he was never prepared to give it.

Turns out it is because the rest of us are ignorant. Who”d have thought it?

Last edited:

Exe on Valdez

Back on topic, the idea of L James esq as a defensive midfielder is laughable. So many replies on this thread are spot on.

99 games for City and only a handful when he looked like a decent player. Most of the rest he wasn’t up to scratch. His corner kicks sum him up - always in vaguely the right area, but never led to a goal, instead set up a counterattack.

As for Mark Cooper, he seems to be pursuing a plan of getting rid of nearly all of his promotion team and replacing them with L2 standard players. It may keep them up but it is hardly the best recipe for promotion. I can’t see James bringing anything other than league experience. Let him take the corners. We did well to get a fee for James. A swap for Doidge was too much to hope for.

Where has this meme that James always tried hard/gave his all come from? - like many of Tisdale's pet faves, he rarely, if ever, bust a gut for the team.

Pretty much par for the Aaron Davies course.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lloyd James was up there with Joe Burnell.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
A swap for Doidge was too much to hope for.
TBF when I watched that Doidge play he wasn't all that.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Sounds a bit like asking if someone has sorted out a Trust membership !! lol