• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here we go again ... Indomike getting involved in something that is nothing to do with him must be going for most annoying poster of the year or most amount number of posts in a year award !

Firstly it was Tesco it was Co-op
Secondly I was saying I wont be buying their strawberries due to their latest ad on the tv.
How can I answer the "what charity" bit when its un named ? ...in the advert just says it gives a proportion of the sales to certain charities which I wouldn't like to donate to.

For Stroud ... Giving to charities isn't a problem for me at all as I have standing orders which go out every month and year and in 5 years of selling poppies raised approx. 18k for the RBL , It was the charity mentioned in the advert that I don't particularly approve of .
You mean, you post on a public forum but if I respond you say it's nothing to do with me? That's weird..
PS. What does "It was Tesco it was Co-op" mean?
PPS. Here to annoy :)
PPPS. I'm glad you give regularly to charity and I'm glad I do, too..(thumbs up)

Grecian2K

Watching episodes 1 & 2 of the WW2 in Colour series on 5 catch-up and then finding that parts 3-8 have apparently vanished into the ether and the coverage jumps straight to epi 9 :mad:

IndoMike

Watching episodes 1 & 2 of the WW2 in Colour series on 5 catch-up and then finding that parts 3-8 have apparently vanished into the ether and the coverage jumps straight to epi 9 :mad:
It's on the internet - 13 episodes x 50 mins

Grecian2K

Cheers Mike. (y) (Just means I'll have to watch it on the laptop rather that my steam-age telly!)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
When as a favour for a mate you agree to ref for him in what you thought was a youth game but actually turned out to be a senior friendly, then the oppo manager from pretty much the first whistle is in your ear mouthing off about you (eventually I booked him and said the only reason I wasn't sending him off was because this was supposed to be a friendly), and eventually the match is abandoned after 71 minutes when the oppo walk off after it all kicked off.

Won't be doing that again in a hurry.

StroudGrecian

For Stroud ... Giving to charities isn't a problem for me at all as I have standing orders which go out every month and year and in 5 years of selling poppies raised approx. 18k for the RBL , It was the charity mentioned in the advert that I don't particularly approve of .
I can understand favouring one charity over another but I'm struggling to understand why you would not 'particularly approve' of a charity - aren't are all charitable causes worthy of support?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I can understand favouring one charity over another but I'm struggling to understand why you would not 'particularly approve' of a charity - aren't are all charitable causes worthy of support?
When helping the RBL I had people come up to me and call me names and I shouldn't be stood on the streets rattling cans for baby killers some of these people were on the same streets weeks before rattling cans for their cause and if I put my case across why I didn't want to donate was again met with abuse so I now choose not to support any so called charity like those who would use my monies to promote themselves.
So in short No I don't think every charity is worthy of my support.

Stelios

SPOILER ALERT

[Germany lost]

IndoMike

SPOILER ALERT

[Germany lost]
(.......on penalties)

Spoonz Red E

(.......on penalties)
I heard it was because they couldn't get one ball out of the bunker