• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not strictly true. Whilst in the vast majority of cases the size of the pelvis/spread of the shoulders does make it easy after "one look" there are many, many other long gone cold-case-corpses that still can puzzle even experts of pathology once the corporeal covering has long gone. Even with DNA testing.
There have been many "slimly built, slender males" that, once the "worms have eaten the bits" would be hard to conclusively confirm as "male"
Similarly there have been some "stocky females" (even nowadays seen in ladies rugby) who, in physical build at least, could pass for a "Chiefs" front row forward.
An interesting Theory 2K and I'm always open-minded enought to be re-educated should I be proved wrong. I'll be honest and say that I took my workings from this..

I admit that I've spent very little time ferreting around in trying to prove my point therefore I wonder if you might be able to highlight cases where the police and pathologists have failed to make an identification.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Actually not quite true Harris.
There is such a thing as hermaphroditism (which also -although very rarely - occurs even in us "superior" humans).
I would suggest that you read the book by the (incredibly 'yay-worthy') Prof Alice Roberts, 'The Incredible Unlikeliness Of Being".
You might discover that the "b0!!0cks" are the equivalent of the undescended ovary.
Oh, and the penis (or more specifically the clitoris) is "merely a penis that just lacked sufficient ambition"
And, finally, it is a medical FACT that many males actually suffer from "tit" cancer. Sadly lots die from it from the sheer shame of even acknowledging it to antediluvians like you.
And that's just the physical manifestations of it...let alone the (much more complicated) mental conflictions.

Still, as you say, "deal with it". :(
Interesting bed-time reading.

LOG

Gender Nuetral. There is no such bloody thing.
There is if you understand what gender means.

DB9

There is if you understand what gender means.
As a non academic I'd love to be educated in what gender means if it's not Male or Female, Genuine question

Spoonz Red E

As a non academic I'd love to be educated in what gender means if it's not Male or Female, Genuine question
"Sex and gender are terms that are often used interchangeably but they are in fact two different concepts, even though for many people their sex and gender are the same."

"The UK government defines sex as:
  • referring to the biological aspects of an individual as determined by their anatomy, which is produced by their chromosomes, hormones and their interactions
  • generally male or female
  • something that is assigned at birth
The UK government defines gender as:
  • a social construction relating to behaviours and attributes based on labels of masculinity and femininity; gender identity is a personal, internal perception of oneself and so the gender category someone identifies with may not match the sex they were assigned at birth
  • where an individual may see themselves as a man, a woman, as having no gender, or as having a non-binary gender – where people identify as somewhere on a spectrum between man and woman"

Also:
Biological sexes include
male,
female,
hermaphrodite,
female pseudohermaphrodites (individuals who have ovaries and some male genitalia but lack testes)
male pseudohermaphrodites (individuals who have testes and some female genitalia but lack ovaries).

Last edited:

LOG

Wot Spoonz said. Brother* Ian is treating biological sex and gender as the same thing, which they aren't.

*assuming he identifies as male.

Oldsmobile-88

Where does this fit into the debate 😁😁😎😎2526B427-0CC4-4B34-B440-F366755C7C73.png

Spoonz Red E

Wot Spoonz said. Brother* Ian is treating biological sex and gender as the same thing, which they aren't.

*assuming he identifies as male.
In best Darwinain spirit I think Ian has sometimes identified as post man. ;)

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just switched on to see what's on BBC TV tonight.

7:30. Hairy Bikers Mediterrean Adventure (cooking) 8:00-900. Great British Menu (more Fecking Cooking) 9:00-10:00. Masterchef (even more Fecking cooking)

I can appreciate the occasional cooking progs might appeal to some viewers but three in a row! Obviously such programmes are cheap to churn out - as are those dedicated to house hunting, planting shrubs and the buying and sellings of antiques. Seeing the Beeb make little of note I'm left wondering why it's necessary to repick the pockets of the over 75's. If only it were possible to delete BBC channels once and for all.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Parked my car well away from everyone else in the car park, as I don't trust other people's ability to park a car. 100s of spaces available, so why did people feel the need to park next to me?