• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why f****** Flybe go bust and cost me my flights to Exeter in 3 weeks

Tim Long

TV reporters shouting questions at politicians as they are about to go into buildings..They never answer..
There was a Doonesbury cartoon strip in the early Eighties with a huddle of reporters waiting for Ronald Reagan to board Air Force One. As Reagan is in the plane doorway, one of the reporters shouts "Is it true you're going deaf, Mr President ?" Reagan mimes that he can't hear the question. Other reporters all mutter their respect for the reporter who shouted the question.

Cheap Lawn mowers that won’t start after four and half months in the shed over the winter...my old Honda used to start three pulls max after wintering before it suddenly packed up on me after 20 years of work a couple years ago😌 Yesterday my cheap qualcast that I got from Homebase as a replacement just wouldn’t have it...25 minutes and a wrecked shoulder later including three separate sessions at trying to get it started it finally fired up any more problems and it’ll be going in the skip.
One evening whilst enjoying my second third of Mouse’s Ear in my local, the door flew open and in came my old pal, Keith Moray.

He was never the sharpest hoe in the shed but he was fuming about not being able to start his new mower. Having calmed him down, we eventually established that he’d only gone and bought a Erbauer ELM18-Li Cordless 36V! The silly old todger hadn’t realised it was a battery operated machine and that there was no pull string!

How we laughed! We laughed even more after he’d left because that particular model is chronically under-powered and the mulching facility drains the battery charge by about a third, even with its “Keep Cool” tech.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The often used soundbite after a death used by someone who doesn’t know the deceased or family.
‘Thoughts are with the family’.....Really !

grecIAN Harris

Gender Nuetral. There is no such bloody thing. Nature determines that you are either male or female, you have b0!!0cks or you have a fanny and tits. Deal with it.

Oldsmobile-88

Gender Nuetral. There is no such bloody thing. Nature determines that you are either male or female, you have b0!!0cks or you have a fanny and tits. Deal with it.
Do gender neutrals pi55 on the toilet seats ?
I would imagine that is a issue in gender neutral toilet cubicles 😁😁😎😎

That is the thing that annoys my good lady when she has to use that type of public toilet 😁😁

Grecian2K

Actually not quite true Harris.
There is such a thing as hermaphroditism (which also -although very rarely - occurs even in us "superior" humans).
I would suggest that you read the book by the (incredibly 'yay-worthy') Prof Alice Roberts, 'The Incredible Unlikeliness Of Being".
You might discover that the "b0!!0cks" are the equivalent of the undescended ovary.
Oh, and the penis (or more specifically the clitoris) is "merely a penis that just lacked sufficient ambition"
And, finally, it is a medical FACT that many males actually suffer from "tit" cancer. Sadly lots die from it from the sheer shame of even acknowledging it to antediluvians like you.
And that's just the physical manifestations of it...let alone the (much more complicated) mental conflictions.

Still, as you say, "deal with it". :(

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely right! one look at a 250 year old skeleton will tell you exactly what sex the dearly departed was.

Grecian2K

Absolutely right! one look at a 250 year old skeleton will tell you exactly what sex the dearly departed was.
Not strictly true. Whilst in the vast majority of cases the size of the pelvis/spread of the shoulders does make it easy after "one look" there are many, many other long gone cold-case-corpses that still can puzzle even experts of pathology once the corporeal covering has long gone. Even with DNA testing.
There have been many "slimly built, slender males" that, once the "worms have eaten the bits" would be hard to conclusively confirm as "male"
Similarly there have been some "stocky females" (even nowadays seen in ladies rugby) who, in physical build at least, could pass for a "Chiefs" front row forward.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Walking into the local shop to buy a pack of ciggys only to be met with a strange little peroxide blond troglodyte type female with her hand inside her top scratching whatever was inside ( possibly a bra strap / mobile phone / loose change ) then wiping her hand on her sleeve and asking what I wanted and getting really annoyed when I said "some hand sanitizer for herself before she served me would be a good start.