• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that amuse you

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The price of fuel. Now I am well aware of the volatile outside factors which give rise to fluctuations in price, but why is it whenever the holiday season comes around the price at the pump always goes UP regardless ? The same happens at other holiday times, even school half terms. Why do they need to fleece us this way ? Barstewards.

Colesman Ballz

The price of fuel. Now I am well aware of the volatile outside factors which give rise to fluctuations in price, but why is it whenever the holiday season comes around the price at the pump always goes UP regardless ? The same happens at other holiday times, even school half terms. Why do they need to fleece us this way ? Barstewards.
This was of course intended to go on the "Little things that annoy you thread" but I've farked up. I am now even more irritated, but perhaps it may bring amusement to others. Ho hum !

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a place in Shropshire called Knockin, where the village store is known as "The Knockin Shop" by the locals.

Colesman Ballz

A friend of mine is off to a wedding tomorrow, which prompted me to ask if the groom was forgetful and the bride had chosen the date especially to ensure that he never forgot anniversaries ? Are they going the "whole hog" and having a cake with bride and groom standing atop of twin towers I ask myself ? Seems a really whacky choice of date to me ?

Interestingly another friends birthday falls tomorrow, and in recent years friends and relatives have had no trouble remembering. Although if she was honest, I am sure that given her advancing years she has probably reached the stage where she would prefer that they did forget anyway !

GJW

Radio Devon presenter mentioned a dream she has where she is taking an exam in a full hall and hasn’t revised. Also realises she is not wearing any trousers. Made me laugh as I have had that same dream as well. Also similar one where I am at work in a busy office and sitting at my desk and realise I’m not wearing anything from the waist down. I love dreams. They’re so funny, apart from the scary dreams. They’re not funny.

Spoonz Red E

I dreamt I'd been awake all night. When I woke up I was so tired I was asleep.

Colesman Ballz

I dreamt that I was eating a never ending string of sphagetti all night. When I woke up I realised that the cord on my pyjama trousers was missing.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I still like hearing the lardy ref being called Hutt Brextable.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As I'm not a Derby County fan, Richard Keogh out for the rest of season with a knee injury after going out on the lash

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Witnessing a traffic cop crunch a lamp post by reversing into it.