Little things that amuse you

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
This snippet, heard on Radio 1 earlier and delivered without a hint of irony:

"Do you think Britain has a problem with Mobile Phone Addiction? Text us on 64046 or Tweet us @BBCR1..."

Spoonz Red E

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now that it's all safe in Whaley Bridge ...
"the dam wall" mentioned in every news item making it sound like the newreader was really tetchy.

CityTillIDie

Loads of ‘free tommy Robinson’ stickers put up overnight on lampposts around town, next day they’ve all been keyed :ROFLMAO:

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The price of fuel. Now I am well aware of the volatile outside factors which give rise to fluctuations in price, but why is it whenever the holiday season comes around the price at the pump always goes UP regardless ? The same happens at other holiday times, even school half terms. Why do they need to fleece us this way ? Barstewards.

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The price of fuel. Now I am well aware of the volatile outside factors which give rise to fluctuations in price, but why is it whenever the holiday season comes around the price at the pump always goes UP regardless ? The same happens at other holiday times, even school half terms. Why do they need to fleece us this way ? Barstewards.
This was of course intended to go on the "Little things that annoy you thread" but I've farked up. I am now even more irritated, but perhaps it may bring amusement to others. Ho hum !

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
A friend of mine is off to a wedding tomorrow, which prompted me to ask if the groom was forgetful and the bride had chosen the date especially to ensure that he never forgot anniversaries ? Are they going the "whole hog" and having a cake with bride and groom standing atop of twin towers I ask myself ? Seems a really whacky choice of date to me ?

Interestingly another friends birthday falls tomorrow, and in recent years friends and relatives have had no trouble remembering. Although if she was honest, I am sure that given her advancing years she has probably reached the stage where she would prefer that they did forget anyway !

GJW

Radio Devon presenter mentioned a dream she has where she is taking an exam in a full hall and hasn’t revised. Also realises she is not wearing any trousers. Made me laugh as I have had that same dream as well. Also similar one where I am at work in a busy office and sitting at my desk and realise I’m not wearing anything from the waist down. I love dreams. They’re so funny, apart from the scary dreams. They’re not funny.

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dreamt that I was eating a never ending string of sphagetti all night. When I woke up I realised that the cord on my pyjama trousers was missing.