• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln Job

Grecianpasty

With Michael Flynn, Sol Campbell and Kevin Nolan shortlisted for the job I can't help but feel as though MT's name should be thrown into the hat...

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
With Michael Flynn, Sol Campbell and Kevin Nolan shortlisted for the job I can't help but feel as though MT's name should be thrown into the hat...
We're not going to do this "MT" to wherever there's a vacancy again are we? Those named can have it. Sol Campbell, Kevin Nolan????? Jeez, Not exactly setting the managerial world alight

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
To be fair to Campbell, he did a superb job at Macclesfield given the resources.

Grecianpasty

We're not going to do this "MT" to wherever there's a vacancy again are we? Those named can have it. Sol Campbell, Kevin Nolan????? Jeez, Not exactly setting the managerial world alight
You're exactly right. Besides from Michael Flynn, who has done a wonderful job at Newport, those other managers have achieved far less than MT in the last 5 years than what he's done in the last 18 months!

Lincoln is a very appealing job for any manager in our league at this moment in time. Gareth Ainsworth is also shortlisted. But with the squad he has at Wycombe, having added in Rolando Aaron's from Newcastle they will do very well this year.

PeteUSA

I'm totally missing your point with this thread. Taylor had an OK season last year with a squad that never looked like promotion material, and we know full well we're off to a flyer this term. Why on earth is he likely to interest Lincoln City at the moment? I doubt if their fans would be very impressed. The current season will be the yardstick as to how marketable Matt Taylor is.

IndoMike

The Cowleys will be a very hard act to follow. I imagine Matt feels he's still learning and has plenty of time to advance his career in the future. Think Lincoln will start to slip down the table.

ryancooper327

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I was just about to come on here and say it'd be funny if Devon Live had a story about Matt to Lincoln. :):):)

Red Devon

Would very much like to see Flynn get it!

DB9

I was just about to come on here and say it'd be funny if Devon Live had a story about Matt to Lincoln. :):):)
Obviously someone at Devonlive saw this pointless thread and thought it would make a serious story! 🤣🤣

***Devonlive Journalist runs to editor and says "Look what I've found on Exeweb so it must be true"***