• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln Job

Grecianpasty

Having odds for the job in this instance means nothing if you look at the list of other people on the same odds or better.It's not going to happen until he's had more experience so let's move on
To me that's where football becomes stagnent. Why are your Ian Holloways of the world lined up for any managerial job available when they haven't done anything in years, whereas you have a manager who is young, has fresh views and is showing immediate success and its swept under the rug because of his supposed lack of experience. If anyone was to interview Taylor for a job they should look way beyond what he's done in the last 18 months, but actually look at what he's done for the last 3 years building the clubs reputation.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but times are changing. Steve Cooper at Swansea is proving that. And likewise, Graham Potter getting snapped up at Brighton.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like KMT, as a manger, he's honest hardworking full of integrity and calls a spade a spade, and as has been highlighted on this thread he has achieved a lot in his time here. I also think that he will choose when is the time to move on and he won't be jumping for the next job up the ladder. He has started a job here which he will want to finish so I don't anticipate that he will be going anywhere soon

Long reign KMT

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having odds quoted is just publicity/marketing by betting firms. MT was one of twenty names quoted at 20/1 or shorter.

STURTZ

How many weeks have City been outside the top four since he started, how many weeks outside the play offs in the last two seasons? Not many I'll warrant with the good starts we've had. Only time I can remember us being outside the play offs was the last week of the season!

Larry Wilkie

Not surprised he’s doing an amazing job at that club...hence the reason for wanting him to go!
Agreed. He would be a huge loss to them, however I think their squad is pretty strong, so someone coming in would have a fair bit to work with if he did go.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Oh dear, this has now caused people on Facebook to think that this is now a definite rumour that Lincoln have spoken to the Club about Matt! :)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

Grecian2K

Rather hasty rebuff from Ainsworth there. You'd expect him, of all people, to take his time before making a final decision!

les.gtfc

Out of interest, Where did Lincoln get the Cowley brothers when they appointed them?
Yes, they were at Braintree before Lincoln. In the season we won the Play-Off final, they actually finished above us in the league (3rd), we finshed 4th but we beat them in the play-off semi-final, even though they won the first leg at our place 1-0. We won the second leg at Braintree 2-0 after extra time.

Before that they were at Concord Rangers, winning 3 promotions, which I believe was their first management job.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is an alleged investor looking to plough some money in to Wycombe.