• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Holmes?

dontpassback

I like lee Holmes,and if it wasn’t for injury’s I think he would have gone on to play at a much higher level,I hope he plays a lot more this season and wish him well with his building business !

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quality player.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last Saturday was the first time for some time that he has looked his old threatening self on the ball. When I saw him in the line-up I groaned a bit but first half he had their left back dragged around and got some good balls into the box. Could be he is just returning to full fitness. I hope so. Certainly him and Sweeney know where each other is now and they are difficult to keep tabs on working together.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Last Saturday was the first time for some time that he has looked his old threatening self on the ball. When I saw him in the line-up I groaned a bit but first half he had their left back dragged around and got some good balls into the box. Could be he is just returning to full fitness. I hope so. Certainly him and Sweeney know where each other is now and they are difficult to keep tabs on working together.
Good to know - always rated him as a quality player , and with the squad we have now its a great time to be a city fan.

WXF

Unless I am missing something, Lee Holmes has invested in a new local flooring company. More curiously ECFC is helping promote it: https://twitter.com/OfficialECFC/status/1052548566303027200. If the company has paid for this tweet it should be made clear. Otherwise the support is nepotistic.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lee Holmes still has a great deal to offer and should always be part of the squad. My concern is still who to leave out to fit him into the starting lineup - I remain of the view that you need someone (Tillson for preference) in front of the defence in L2, and also prefer a two-pronged attack of Stockley and Forte. To fit LH into the starting lineup you need to leave out Taylor, Boateng or Law, or play 4-4-2 with no holding midfielder. Quart into pint pot.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Let's hope he floors the opposition!

Nigel E

Let's hope he floors the opposition!
But we don't want him to flatten the Lino

WXF

Were a player coming to the end of their career, say after a long period of service to ECFC, then I don't think many would begrudge helping promote him in a future line of work, especially if was in the local area. But this isn't the situation here. This is helping a player's outside interests during their career. Doesn't pass the sniff test

Nigel E

Were a player coming to the end of their career, say after a long period of service to ECFC, then I don't think many would begrudge helping promote him in a future line of work, especially if was in the local area. But this isn't the situation here. This is helping a player's outside interests during their career. Doesn't pass the sniff test
This isn't the public sector. One private company is perfectly entitled to promote another private company if it chooses to, for whatever reason. Speaking personally, it would annoy me if it was overdone. But an isolated congratulation - especially to the establishment of a new local firm that will potentially create local jobs - is fine by me.

If it also shows Lee that he's at a place that will give him a small helping hand like this, it may be reciprocated in the future.

Last edited: