• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Holmes?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do you know this for certain Manc?
Yes. From the man himself.

IndoMike

i think if a player is genuinely injured and not malingering then we just have to accept it. However, signing an injured player who is recovering from a serious, possibly career-threatening injury
carries its own risks. If we're gonna take a risk I'd prefer it to be with a young, goal scoring player from the non-league.

Banksy

Ref your last sentence Mike , so would I.Guess both of us will never agree with Tisdale's philosophy of taking on lame ducks instead.And then complaining he doesn't have a big enough budget......

Last edited:

Red Bill

Lee Holmes is the kind of player every football fan wants to see when he's on form, he's exciting and attacking and you can feel the air of excitement in a ground when he gets the ball and starts to run at people. I'll never forget him destroying the Luton fullback in that great 2-3 win up there a couple of seasons ago, I almost started to feel sorry for the defenders that day. Sadly though, he is injury prone which means the times when he's fit and on top form are few and far between, so perhaps he's a luxury we can no longer justify keeping. He's got a great relationship with the fans and I'll be sad to see him leave, but all too often we hang on to players based on rare moments of brilliance and past glories, when the more sensible option would be to let them go and look for someone fresh, so on balance I think he should probably be let go when his contract expires.

IndoMike

Ref your last sentence Mike , so would I.Guess both of us will never agree with Tisdale's philosophy of taking on lame ducks instead.And then complaining he doesn't have a big enough budget......
We could certainly question the value of TAH, Holmes, Harley, Simpson, Brunt and Seaborne in the squad based purely on the combination of age, appearances and performances. If Brunt is not ready and fully fit by the start of next season then I doubt if he'll ever be ready, which is a pity because he obviously has some class at our level.

Alistair20000

Lee Holmes is the kind of player every football fan wants to see when he's on form, he's exciting and attacking and you can feel the air of excitement in a ground when he gets the ball and starts to run at people. I'll never forget him destroying the Luton fullback in that great 2-3 win up there a couple of seasons ago, I almost started to feel sorry for the defenders that day. Sadly though, he is injury prone which means the times when he's fit and on top form are few and far between, so perhaps he's a luxury we can no longer justify keeping. He's got a great relationship with the fans and I'll be sad to see him leave, but all too often we hang on to players based on rare moments of brilliance and past glories, when the more sensible option would be to let them go and look for someone fresh, so on balance I think he should probably be let go when his contract expires.
This.

Moving onto a related more general thing, as Club do we carry a disproportionately high number of cripples, semi cripples, ageing gimps etc or are other clubs the same and we just don't notice ?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lee-holmes/profil/spieler/13463

This indicates his contract is up at the end of June. have no idea how reliable this is though?

Nigel E

Setting himself up for life after football

https://twitter.com/OfficialECFC/status/1052548566303027200

LOG

I believe that he's already a (part?) owner of a building company based up north.

Red Devon

Would like to see him sign for another 18 months hopefully, easily good enough to play in league 1 should it happen