• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Holmes?

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whilst i don't know what his contract situation is, i'd guess he's on decent money yet can't play more than 2 games in a row. Tisdale has also said he won't feature again this season - https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-could-handed-jordan-1524379

Good player on his day, those days are just too few and far between. IMHO, natch.

Banksy

Shame , good player on his day.Wonder whether we will get rid at the end of the season in view of his injury problems? Guess we should really as too many injury prone players are why we've dipped out on automatics this season.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst i don't know what his contract situation is, i'd guess he's on decent money yet can't play more than 2 games in a row. Tisdale has also said he won't feature again this season - https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-could-handed-jordan-1524379

Good player on his day, those days are just too few and far between. IMHO, natch.
Pretty sure he signed an extension last season, so would expect it was 2 years, leaving a year to go. He is far too too injury prone and now that he’s in his thirties the injuries will probably get worse. Shame as he’s a great player when fully fit.

At least the injury update on the others looks more promising!

LOG

Pretty sure he signed an extension last season, so would expect it was 2 years, leaving a year to go. He is far too too injury prone and now that he’s in his thirties the injuries will probably get worse. Shame as he’s a great player when fully fit.

At least the injury update on the others looks more promising!
Ah ok. I suppose he's the type of players who gets kicked a lot but it's very frustrating, for him as well, that's he's in and out of the squad so much.

benjisheps

Totally agree with this and although a big fan of Holmes he just doesn't play enough games anymore. Unfortunately Ryan Harley's injury situation is now also very similar. In all honesty the club can probably only really afford to keep one of these two based upon how many games they actually play.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree with this and although a big fan of Holmes he just doesn't play enough games anymore. Unfortunately Ryan Harley's injury situation is now also very similar. In all honesty the club can probably only really afford to keep one of these two based upon how many games they actually play.
We have a comparatively large squad but it diminishes in size when you are carrying these injury prone players. You can add TAH to the other two and there's also Brunt and Simpson who have been long term "projects". I would suggest that you could decrease the squad size and wage bill by signing fit players and not the more risky types. We have money now.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if we'll ever see Brunt in a competitive fixture.

Anyway, release Holmes if his contracts up, which I believe it is. Great player for this level we just don't see him enough.

manc grecian

Defo has another year

Joshyd123

He's constantly injured, in his 30s and on a massive wedge. Of course he'll still be here next season.

benjisheps

Defo has another year
Do you know this for certain Manc?