• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know he's owed the money but he'll get his money being a football debt, As he did when Pompey went tits up, As do all football debts get their money back, Unlike those local businesses who get screwed to the wall or get a tiny tiny % of what they're owed. Time that rule changed
I may be completely wrong on this but I thought that managers didn't count as football debtors. As for the EFL, they must surely take a huge amount of the responsibility for this mess. How difficult is it to ensure that by the end of June all clubs have proof of enough funds to be able to complete the following season.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I may be completely wrong on this but I thought that managers didn't count as football debtors. As for the EFL, they must surely take a huge amount of the responsibility for this mess. How difficult is it to ensure that by the end of June all clubs have proof of enough funds to be able to complete the following season.
It’s not always the case...When Leeds entered a CVA they had a couple of managers who were owed money on their contracts(Peter Reid was one)They were eventually paid off over a long period of time.

John Cornforth,I seem to recall was not included as a football debt in the Grecians CVA(perhaps Dave T can confirm)
It looks like Sol Campbell is in the same boat if he was named in the winding up petition.

andrew p long

I too thought that managers weren’t protected by the football creditors rule. Wasn’t Neil McNab understandably upset at finding out that he wouldn’t get his unpaid wages?

OmanGrecian

EFL just confirmed Macclesfield game not going ahead tomorrow

Colesman Ballz

EFL just confirmed Macclesfield game not going ahead tomorrow
That will mean another "Charge" coming their way. If the EFL haven't got a substantial bond lodged from Macclesfield, can't see them ever receiving payment on any fine that they impose !

Legohead

Banned
Christ's sake EFL. Grow a pair and boot them out of the league.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
What is the maximum points deduction that can be imposed for failure to complete your fixtures ? Is there a set amount ?

Spoonz Red E

Slogan > 's Logan > Richard Logan

Colesman Ballz

Wrong Thread.

ianaplincorners

Totally agree with that. The businesses that are owed money when clubs get into difficulty and end up either getting a few pence in the pound or nothing at all is a disgrace.
which is the same position we were in a few years ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.