• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

les.gtfc

Oh, and what makes the early season ever more better is who's bottom of the league.

Agent Hurst is doing a wonderful job so far. :)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, it's about time we had a big lump like Hanson up front. Been missing that since Gary Jones played for us about 10 years ago.

That header of Hanson's for his first at Walsall was what the word "BOSH" was invented for! He's been a bit injury prone over the last few seasons though, so we really need him to stay fit as he'll be a big loss if injured.

A decent start to the season for us and we've just signed a midfielder on-loan from Sunderland which is where we've been a bit lacking in so far. Early days but the optimism is growing.
Early days, but when were Grimsby last the top scoring team in their league?

les.gtfc

Early days, but when were Grimsby last the top scoring team in their league?
A couple of times when we were in The Conference early on.

I remember one season we won 6-1 at Gateshead and then beat Alfreton 7-0 at home next game.

In the Football League though, God knows!

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seems to have been a rather uneventful Deadline Day as far as L2 is concerned.

A few (hopefully inconsequential) loan deals but no real marquee signings as far as I can see. Guess most of our rivals (like ourselves) are relatively happy with their season-starting squads. (Either that or they've seen the events at Bury and an outbreak of collective common sense has prevailed for once?)

budegrecian

To me it says, "Let's forget about all this palava, Put us back into L2 and call this hassle a dream" I'm sorry but this can't be allowed to happen, It would send out the wrong signasl and every other club that went tits upthrough mismanagement would want reinstating!
But apparantly, the EFL are now going to meet, to consider this very option, according to Sky Sports News.......

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
But apparantly, the EFL are now going to meet, to consider this very option, according to Sky Sports News.......
Bit like rescinding red cards

budegrecian

Not League 2, I accept, but the Cowley Bros in advanced negotiations to take over at Sheff Wednesday.

Alistair20000

Not League 2, I accept, but the Cowley Bros in advanced negotiations to take over at Sheff Wednesday.
Feckin’ Cowleys :mad:

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Poor Old Wednesday

DB9

Only a matter of time, Be interesting if they did take it how would they do when you look at the former Luton manager who's doing crap at Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.