• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This has been tweeted by the FSF legal person, and is a true story (not L2, but it might as well go here)

Suspended three match ban & a telling off for fan whose masturbatory gesture at opposition player was spotted by TV viewer who then wrote to fans club to complain. Ban will be implemented if fan “misbehaves” again within 12 months.
May I suggest that TV football fans sticks to Songs of Praise instead?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
This has been tweeted by the FSF legal person, and is a true story (not L2, but it might as well go here)

May I suggest that TV football fans sticks to Songs of Praise instead?
Hants the world has gone mad heaven only knows what it will be like to live in another 20 years time. So many individuals seem to spend their time trying to find things to be offended by.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hants the world has gone mad heaven only knows what it will be like to live in another 20 years time. So many individuals seem to spend their time trying to find things to be offended by.
If all football clubs did this, then football grounds would be nearly empty (not that I indulge in this symbolism).

dontpassback

George Orwell was many years ahead with his book 1984,and if we get any more pic than we are now,then the lunatics will truly be running the asylum !!!

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I fear Animal Farm far pre-dated that scenario dpb.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Forest Green Rovers only days away from submitting plans for impressive new eco stadium according to Dale Vince.

dontpassback

I fear Animal Farm far pre-dated that scenario dpb.
Yes I believe you are correct,and I wonder sometimes why the term common sense is so rarely used these days (facepalm)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yes I believe you are correct,and I wonder sometimes why the term common sense is so rarely used these days (facepalm)
An small update

Father of supporter who made a masturbatory gesture about which a tv viewer complained, is told his sons actions are to be “condemned”, that it “risked potential damage to the reputation of the club” & “fell below the standards the club expects of its fans”

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He should have said "It was misconstrued, my son was actually asking the player if he fancied a coffee, using the gesture made famous by Gareth Hunt".

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The standing terrace at Stevenage is redevelopment after Saturday's game. The North Stand will be demolished and replaced with a new stand that Stevenage fans have raised £600k to help build.

Status
Not open for further replies.