League 2 News

Hants_red

exeweb.com admin, Esq.
Staff member
Luton manager Nathan Jones signs a new 4 year contract to stay as manager.

Colesman Ballz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Graham Westley in as Head Coach at Barnet.
Sad news, Barnet are a club I have a lot of time for, and particularly Theo their Chairman. He has been a very good friend to us since our days in the Conference, when whilst the likes of "Filthy Phil" at Stevenage were all "sticking the knife in" at every opportunity, he genuinely understood and appreciated what we were trying to do.

Hants_red

exeweb.com admin, Esq.
Staff member
Sad news, Barnet are a club I have a lot of time for, and particularly Theo their Chairman. He has been a very good friend to us since our days in the Conference, when whilst the likes of "Filthy Phil" at Stevenage were all "sticking the knife in" at every opportunity, he genuinely understood and appreciated what we were trying to do.
They have form. They had Martin Allen running things last season.

edwin_price

Barnet have a lot of good players on.paper, yet they're bottom. Hard to understand. Meanwhile, we seem to patch together disjointed teams including several sublease standard players yet are somehow in the running for the top 3.

malcolms

Well-known Exeweb poster
When did Kleanthous leave, or is Theo a family or pet name?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Barnet have a lot of good players on.paper, yet they're bottom. Hard to understand. Meanwhile, we seem to patch together disjointed teams including several sublease standard players yet are somehow in the running for the top 3.
Mad how Barnet are so low given there attacking options - They seemed a half decent outfit a few weeks ago

edwin_price

Mad how Barnet are so low given there attacking options - They seemed a half decent outfit a few weeks ago
Guess they just wilt too easily. Also, haven't really been keeping track, but not noticed Akinde or Coulthurst on the scoresheets... the lad they got from non league has also been injured all season.

malcolms

Well-known Exeweb poster
Obviously I have watched too much Dragon's Den and got my T's mixed up, it should of course be Tony, or Anthony to the pedantic.
Not totally wrong, Tony Paphitis was Chairman at Millwall and also involved at Walton and Hersham at non league level...

Stelios

Remarkable (and thoroughly refreshing) quotes from Mark Cooper over the weekend:

Forest Green boss Mark Cooper accused his top scorer Christian Doidge of diving twice in an attempt to win a penalty in their 1-0 defeat at Swindon.

Doidge, who has scored 17 times in 26 appearances for League Two strugglers this term, had two second-half appeals waved away after going down in the box.

"I'm very angry with Christian. He dived twice in the box," Cooper said.

"Nobody is near him and he's chosen to fall on the floor when he had a chance to score his 18th and 19th goals."

Referee Dean Whitestone did not caution Doidge after either incident, but his team-mate Reuben Reid was shown a yellow in the 87th minute for his protests following the second appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42678543

I hate all the "there was 'contact', he's entitled to go down" etc. It's just cheating. Three cheers to Mark Cooper.

Hants_red

exeweb.com admin, Esq.
Staff member
Mansfield are proposing to build an hotel at the ground

Mansfield Town FC @mansfieldtownfc
NEW HOTEL: Here's an artist's impression of the new hotel from a view inside One Call Stadium.OTE]

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Remarkable (and thoroughly refreshing) quotes from Mark Cooper over the weekend:

I hate all the "there was 'contact', he's entitled to go down" etc. It's just cheating. Three cheers to Mark Cooper.
Agreed. Harry Kane at it again on Sunday. They all do it but Spurs are possibly the biggest cheats (diving, cynical fouls, etc.) in the PL - Dele Alli, Kane, Dembele, Dier, et al.