• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legohead

Banned
Sol Campbell owed over 180k by Macc too and he was only there less than a year! He wants Macc wound up. I agree. Get rid.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sol Campbell owed over 180k by Macc too and he was only there less than a year! He wants Macc wound up. I agree. Get rid.
I know he's owed the money but he'll get his money being a football debt, As he did when Pompey went tits up, As do all football debts get their money back, Unlike those local businesses who get screwed to the wall or get a tiny tiny % of what they're owed. Time that rule changed

Legohead

Banned
I know he's owed the money but he'll get his money being a football debt, As he did when Pompey went tits up, As do all football debts get their money back, Unlike those local businesses who get screwed to the wall or get a tiny tiny % of what they're owed. Time that rule changed
Totally agree with that. The businesses that are owed money when clubs get into difficulty and end up either getting a few pence in the pound or nothing at all is a disgrace.

dontpassback

The wendies now threatening to take legal action against the EFL,it just goes on and on and the incompetence of the EFL is beginning to surface !

andrew p long

Puzzling. The reports do appear to suggest he is owed 180k, not just that the total debts in the petition are 180k. But he was manager of Macclesfield for less than nine months, equating to over 240k per year. Surely a club in Macclesfield’s position didn’t hand out such contracts?

Colesman Ballz

Puzzling. The reports do appear to suggest he is owed 180k, not just that the total debts in the petition are 180k. But he was manager of Macclesfield for less than nine months, equating to over 240k per year. Surely a club in Macclesfield’s position didn’t hand out such contracts?
I think that is Macclesfield in a nutshell, happy to hand out contracts which they have no intention or ability to honour !

DB9

Give over mate, Course they did, When clubs as small as a failing L2 like them to get a big name as manager you'd have to pay him a fair wedge. Big ego for a Chairman/Owner playing Billy Big Bollox then it all goes tits up when Campbell is not that good and bankrupting the club in wages

CC

£2k a week plus £100k bonus for keeping them up that they never expected to have to fork out?!

Legohead

Banned
From some unconfirmed reports I've heard that Campbell actually paid for things for the football club out of his own funds whilst under the assumption that he would get the money returned by the owners. Therefore the 180k is not just his wages. Therefore if this is the case you can kind of understand why he wants them to go bust. I'd be pretty peed off too if that happened to me and i was mugged off like that. Although i'm unsure where he thinks he's going to get the money back from if the club do go under.

StudentGrecian

Also he signed an 18 month contract when he joined. He left by 'mutual consent' after 8 months, but that doesn't mean he wasn't due a payout for the rest of his contract. That makes 10k a month, 2.3k a week. Believable if some of the debt is made up by bonuses owed to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.