• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legohead

Banned
Confirmed. Game won't go ahead on Saturday. Players have had vehicles repossessed and all sorts. Heard it just now on talksh*te radio.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Confirmed. Game won't go ahead on Saturday. Players have had vehicles repossessed and all sorts. Heard it just now on talksh*te radio.
I wonder if they will complete the season ?

The game against Crewe was a local game & there would have been a decent crowd.
Cash flow is even worse now.
If they played the youth team the integrity of the division is at stake.Crewe would certainly win & likely significantly boost their goal difference

A right old mess,that will become more common I fear.

Legohead

Banned
Makes me happy to know we are Trust run and this kind of thing won't happen to us. One absolute knobhead taking another club to the brink oblivion and there is absolutely NOTHING anyone can do. It should not be happening now and in the Trust we trust.

geoffwp

Makes me happy to know we are Trust run and this kind of thing won't happen to us. One absolute knobhead taking another club to the brink oblivion and there is absolutely NOTHING anyone can do. It should not be happening now and in the Trust we trust.
Agree. It really is about time the EFL got itself organised and actually started to run the game and get these issues sorted out. At the moment it is looking far more like a helpless bystander.

Legohead

Banned
Apparently Natalie Sawyer on the radio revealed that despite numerous attempts and invitations to representatives of the EFL to come onto the radio to discuss the issues, those attempts and invitations have been declined. The EFL response simply stating that there is 'nothing to discuss'.

I'd have more respect for them if they came out and admitted that they were clueless about what to do instead of being in denial and trying to brush their ineptitude and indecision under the carpet.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
John Yems takes over at Crawley Town!

Information

Macclesfield can do what they want. Thanks to the Bolton fiasco

Oldsmobile-88

Macclesfield can do what they want. Thanks to the Bolton fiasco

They certainly would not have to worry about a points deduction(this season)

I wonder if the PFA will step in & loan the salaries ? They got burnt doing that at Bury,just perpetuating the saga,so may be reluctant to get too involved.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Trotting out the Brexit excuse again and again from Maccs dock them 40 points and go from there.

Legohead

Banned
I'm unsure what is happening with the game on Saturday with regards Macc v Crewe. According to many media sources the players and staff are refusing to play / work on Saturday and are boycotting yet there is no official confirmation anywhere including on the official Macc site. Their owner has refused to speak to the media but has released a brief statement saying as far as he's aware there is no problem and the game is to go ahead!

If the game DOES go ahead then it will be a farce as the players themselves have not been able to train and some are having a difficult time mentally dealing with the uncertainty over their wages and have debts racking up etc. Hardly the right frame of mind to play an important football match. In addition the pitch is like a bog apparently as it's not been worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.