• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temporarily Exiled

Rumours of an American takeover of Yeovil.
http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=29509

Surely we have/could have people interested in taking over us given half a chance?
Good point. There will always be vultures, so let's not give them a chance.

We own ECFC. It is we that have helped turn this club around from the darkest days of its existence to the feel-good atmosphere of today, that have rebuilt stands, millions made in transfer money, developed a fantastic academy, and are consistently doing well in the league. It's us that did that, not an individual.

Last edited:

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good point. There will always be vultures, so let's not give them a chance.

We own ECFC. It is we that have helped turn this club around from the darkest days of its existence to the feel-good atmosphere of today, that have rebuilt stands, millions made in transfer money, developed a fantastic academy, and are consistently doing well in the league. It's us that did that, not an individual.
Vultures? Or well intended businessmen? And academies are not exclusively the domain of trust owned clubs. And if there was someone sniffing around, should the fans who 'own' the club be told?

Last edited:

Temporarily Exiled

Vultures? Or well intended businessmen? And academies are not exclusively the domain of trust owned clubs. And if there was someone sniffing around, should the fans who 'own' the club be told?
The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley.

I think most businesspeople go in with good intentions, but too often with eyes deeper than their pockets. Writing cheques they can't cash on the basis that promotion is a sure thing, or they'll be able to sell the club if things do go wrong. Don't need to look far to see that with Torquay under Thea Bristow, or how the 'well-intentioned' Ivor Doble sold our club to a bunch of charlatans.

Our future is safe under Trust ownership. We're in better shape than we've maybe ever been as a club. You may be happy to risk the future of our club for a shot of Championship football, but I'm not. We almost lost this club once, that was the learning moment. Never again.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Lincoln and Mansfield look like there going to occupy 2 of the top 3 spots.... no surprises there...I think MK will join them come the end in the automatic spots....

I think down to Newport in 13th the rest are battling for playoffs including city

Matt Russell

Trouble is that they look and dress the same. They'll also say all the right things.

Saint James

There are of course many well intentioned owners but of course many who aren't and knowing one from the other is the problem. The answer is to get the ground ownership sorted and into the hands of the Trust via a watertight legal agreement which means the ground cant ever be used for anything other than football (not just through the Local Plan). If the ground cant be sold it sorts out the well intentioned from the shysters. I would hope the club and Trust are pursuing such a route with the Council

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good interview with Sol Campbell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47049643

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
More power to his elbow I'd say. I'm someone who instantly wrote him off, but will happily eat my words if ultimately he is successful.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Neil Aspin binned off by Port Vale.

Colesman Ballz

More power to his elbow I'd say. I'm someone who instantly wrote him off, but will happily eat my words if ultimately he is successful.
What, don't you possess any hats Jason ? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.