• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Latest Trust News on the Official Website

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Check out the latest news from the Trust on this Wednesday's Trust news edition on the official website.

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10436~2190000,00.html

This feature will appear every Wednesday and feedback is most welcome.

ecfc01

Appreciated thanks :)

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
"On the subject of ground redevelopment Norrie commented; "There are many issues facing the Club at present, but the single most important one which will have a huge impact for the future is the development of the stadium at St, James Park. our club operates with no cash reserves, no debt, no rich owner: yet the Club with its Supporters' Trust must raise many millions of pounds to restore the old grandstand, develop the away end and create a Stadium that can meet the demands of Championship football. It must do that while maintaining income, playing matches and running all its other activities, while remaining mindful of its community obligations and roots.

A truly daunting, but wholly achievable challenge that will require us to work together in order to deliver".

.....wonder how this challenge is achievable?

Last edited:

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
"On the subject of ground redevelopment Norrie commented; "There are many issues facing the Club at present, but the single most important one which will have a huge impact for the future is the development of the stadium at St, James Park. our club operates with no cash reserves, no debt, no rich owner: yet the Club with its Supporters' Trust must raise many millions of pounds to restore the old grandstand, develop the away end and create a Stadium that can meet the demands of Championship football. It must do that while maintaining income, playing matches and running all its other activities, while remaining mindful of its community obligations and roots.

A truly daunting, but wholly achievable challenge that will require us to work together in order to deliver".

.....wonder how this challenge is achievable?
This is a key factor, which will always be the stumbling block preventing Exeter moving beyond being a leagues 1 and 2 club. To be quite honest (IMO) it would be one step too far for us to get into the Championship as it stands. I guess big money sponsorship is very unlikely and any partnership with the likes of Exeter University is probably now out of the question.

LammieLammieLammie

This is a key factor, which will always be the stumbling block preventing Exeter moving beyond being a leagues 1 and 2 club.
Why do you think that?

Mu understanding is that the Football League payment to clubs in the Championship is many £000,000 more than that in L1.

The differential is huge between the 2 divisions, certainly more than the difference between L2 and L1.

Daggers redeveloped their away end with the proceeds of a promotion... perhaps we could?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
But we're looking for something in the region of £10m. I don't think the gains in promotion revenues will go anywhere near that.

Maybe we all need to buy a part of the new stands, something similar to the FCUM community fund to pay for their new ground.

LammieLammieLammie

But we're looking for something in the region of £10m. I don't think the gains in promotion revenues will go anywhere near that.
I meant if we got promoted to the champ. That's where the serious money is.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I meant if we got promoted to the champ. That's where the serious money is.
That is also what I meant. I thought it was worth about £3m in sponsorship.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Why do you think that?

Mu understanding is that the Football League payment to clubs in the Championship is many £000,000 more than that in L1.

The differential is huge between the 2 divisions, certainly more than the difference between L2 and L1.

Daggers redeveloped their away end with the proceeds of a promotion... perhaps we could?
It's a big scarey step but would just love to see it happen...who knows.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is what FCUM are doing

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=3108

I'm not sure we have something to have shares in. We don't own the ground, but we would own the 2 new stands. So what would be making a profit out of, usage? Which could be important to be able to pay out dividends.

5000 of us would need to put in £2000 each to raise £10m. Which isn't going to happen. What about businesses, would they receive any benefits if they invested, other than a return on said investment?