• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hacksaw Ridge ( 2016) Andrew Garfield.
True story of a WW2 conscientious objector who went to war as a medic against the Japanese and saved 75 men, and he never handled a gun throughout.
Some very realistic battle scenes.
Excellent.
"You're not in Kansas any more Dorothy!"

One of my favourite lines

Red Devon

Golly!...just stumbled upon Single White Female 🤪

Avening Posse

They showed Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid here last night. Hadn't seen it for years, love that film 9/10

Mr Jinx

Marriage Story

A Netflix tragi-comedy about a couple's divorce that involves an 8 year old child. A Kramer vs Kramer for the modern age. If you're not laughing, you're crying. It'll hit home to an awful many out there that have been through it. Laura Dern won the Oscar for her part, which I'm not sure I fully agree with. But she is good, alongside her opponents Alan Alda and Ray Liotta. I think Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson were good shouts for Oscars as well. Driver losing to Joaquin Phoenix totally justified. Johansson less, so and I'll come onto that soon.

9/10

Alistair20000

Laura Dern won the Oscar for her part, which I'm not sure I fully agree with. But she is good, alongside her opponents Alan Alda and Ray Liotta. I think Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson were good shouts for Oscars as well. Driver losing to Joaquin Phoenix totally justified. Johansson less, so and I'll come onto that soon.

9/10
Are you perhaps just a bit besotted with Scarlett Jinxy ? ;)

Mr Jinx

Are you perhaps just a bit besotted with Scarlett Jinxy ? ;)
Meh, not particularly. Wouldn't say no mind you, but that doesn't mean much. That said, she was brilliant in Marriage Story (worthy of an Oscar imho) and not too shabby in Jojo Rabbit. Don't think it'll be too long before she bags the top gong.

Mr Jinx

...which leads me on to Judy

The Judy Garland biopic. This had been on the cards for many a moon and Anne Hathaway was expected to fill the role as she looks a bit like her, but Zellwegger ending up getting the nod. She plays the much maligned child star well but the film itself is a bit of drag. Is it worth the Oscar? That's a tricky one. Personally I'd have given it to Scarlett Johansson for Marriage Story but I'm thinking that role probably wasn't too challenging for her as she'd been through two divorces herself.

6/10

Alistair20000

Personally I'd have given it to Scarlett Johansson
Ooh err Missus :eek:

Finally the Jinxster ‘fesses up :)

Mr Jinx

Richard Jewell

And so director Clint Eastwood knocks it out of the park yet again. Not sure how he keeps doing it?! A cracker of a film about the Atlanta Olympic games bombing and a wrongly accused Security guard who found the bomb and helped to save lives. Fascinating story which doesn't portray the FBI and the system in great light. Great supporting roles by Sam Rockwell, Kathy Bates & Olivia Clarke.

9/10

LOG

The Recruit.

Al Pacino plays Al Pacino but with a different name, a CIA recruiter who, er, recruits Colin Farrell. Farrell gets chucked off the training course, or does he...?

The answer is no, it's all part of the plan because, as we're constantly reminded, not everything is at it seems. The very perdictable twist at the end is exactly as it seems though.

Watchable but not very good 4/10.