• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

exeter-loyal

Was channel hopping the other night and came across this just starting. Watched it for the umpteenth time but it really is excellent.

The 70s Clint Eastwood film Escape From Alcatraz is also worth a watch when it's on.
Their both films you just watch over and over again, both with great meaning.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Better than mine saying: "Shut up grumpy"
Maybe let the grandchildren do the discussion on the Politics Today thread , they might make a better go of it.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Something very satisfying when watching The Deep this morning especially the opening scene's with Jacqueline Bisset in a white T-shirt underwater.
With all the water based films around this time coming out always preferred this one as there was a bit of basis in history in the storyline , Still gets a 7.5/10.

Talking Pictures has some great films and a lot better than the other Sky channels that show the same film over and over again going from one channel to the other.
Starts off on Premier then onto Super Heroes then Action channel etc etc.

DB9

Something very satisfying when watching The Deep this morning especially the opening scene's with Jacqueline Bisset in a white T-shirt underwater.
With all the water based films around this time coming out always preferred this one as there was a bit of basis in history in the storyline , Still gets a 7.5/10.

Talking Pictures has some great films and a lot better than the other Sky channels that show the same film over and over again going from one channel to the other.
Starts off on Premier then onto Super Heroes then Action channel etc etc.
There are certainly some real gems on TPTV Ramone, It's one of the channels I purposely go to and see what's on especially on a day like today when its chucking down outside

Oldsmobile-88

There are certainly some real gems on TPTV Ramone, It's one of the channels I purposely go to and see what's on especially on a day like today when its chucking down outside
If you are on Twitter,follow Talking Pictures TV
They give notice of films on later that day & a rundown of the next days broadcast.

DB9

I'm not on Twitter Olds, I do use though an App on my phone that has TV listings so i tend to use that to look

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I use the Sky remote and just forward 3 hrs at a time going forward about 2 weeks worth at a time pick out any films I want and press record there and then.

Swanaldo

A few to catch up on this week:

I Am Mother:

A child raised by a robot in a post-apocalyptic world must take sides when another human shows up. Decent enough sci-fi that doesn't pull up any trees. 6.3/10

Spider-Man: Far From Home:

The first 'post-snap' Marvel movie. Tries a bit too hard to be a comedy, the 'zany' schoolteachers are particularly cringeworthy. Some decent actions scenes and a believable baddie (Jake Gyllenhall). RDJ sorely missed! 7.1/10

Yesterday:

Crap singer-songwriter gets hit by a bus during a global power cut, and wakes up to find he's the only person in the world who remembers The Beatles. He of course steals all their songs and goes on to mega stardom, but it's no easy ride. A proper feel-good movie, much better than I expected it to be. Lily James is a fine actress. 8.4/10.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seabiscuit

I do believe Elgy played War Admiral's owner ;) 8.5/10

Alistair20000

Just re-watched The Wicker Man (1973) for the umpteenth time.

A really good film but with one big possible hole in the plot to my jaundiced way of thinking.

Given that the mad as a box of frogs population of Summerisle was very organised and disciplined in leading Sgt Neil Howie to his gruesome fate did Willow (the outrageously gorgeous Britt Ekland and her body doubles) go off message in trying to seduce him ? Shirley if he had given her a portion and lost his innocence he would have no longer been a suitable sacrifice ? Puzzling.

Love the background songs.

Just realised the gravedigger is the P R Deltoid character in Clockwork Orange.