• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Recorded that one to watch soon. They were also in Night Train to Munich as the cricket loving duo.Plus , I think , one called It’s not Cricket.
Have seen the first one but not heard of the second one.

Banksy

Have seen the first one but not heard of the second one.
Think it’s set just after WW2 , they play a couple of ex army officers who get kicked out and set up as incompetent private detectives.Set around a cricket match.

iscalad

Think it’s set just after WW2 , they play a couple of ex army officers who get kicked out and set up as incompetent private detectives.Set around a cricket match.
Just consulted my Halliwells. Seems I have seen it, but can't remember it.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Basil Radford - not to be confused with Basil Rathbone - was in a lot of 40s films, including one or two well-known ones - e.g. Passport To Pimlico. Naunton Wayne turned up later in The Titfield Thunderbolt.

Banksy

Basil Radford - not to be confused with Basil Rathbone - was in a lot of 40s films, including one or two well-known ones - e.g. Passport To Pimlico. Naunton Wayne turned up later in The Titfield Thunderbolt.
Yes , they were amusing as the deadpan cricket mad duo in the very few films I saw them in. More interested in the latest Test score than the fact that war had been declared !

Banksy

Overlord 2018. It’s D Day the sixth of June 1944 and a platoon of Americans are flown in on a mission to blow up a tower before the main invasion. I won’t give away what they find there some half an hour into the film to avoid spoiling it for others , but it ain’t only German soldiers.
Much better than I anticipated and well worth spending the 100 minutes on it. 7/10.

iscalad

If you want to know what a great film looks like, The Third Man is on BBC2 tomorrow at 12.40pm.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Sat down earlier with nothing to watch so put on Duck Soup which I recorded the other night from the Talking Pictures channel.
My daughter had never heard of the Marx Brothers (understandable given her age) but after she heard the first few gags from Groucho she was in fits of laughter , didn't understand all the references of the jokes but fully enjoyed it as did I once again and now find myself looking for a box set of the films to watch A night at the Opera , Animal Crackers etc etc.
Comic geniuses to this day 9/10

iscalad

Sat down earlier with nothing to watch so put on Duck Soup which I recorded the other night from the Talking Pictures channel.
My daughter had never heard of the Marx Brothers (understandable given her age) but after she heard the first few gags from Groucho she was in fits of laughter , didn't understand all the references of the jokes but fully enjoyed it as did I once again and now find myself looking for a box set of the films to watch A night at the Opera , Animal Crackers etc etc.
Comic geniuses to this day 9/10
Ha, did exactly the same this afternoon. The mirror scene is a classic.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Ha, did exactly the same this afternoon. The mirror scene is a classic.
Margaret Dumont is so deadpan to the Marx Brothers insults she really looked totally confused at times.
They have some brilliant films on there and the good thing is they do a short show to tell you what films are on weeks in advance.