• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are they French aristos ? *-)
Slight mis-spelling there and you could easily have been in infraction point hell.

Alistair20000

Slight mis-spelling there and you could easily have been in infraction point hell.
You didn't see the first draft. ;)

Oldsmobile-88

Dorian Gray(2009)...Loose remake of the classic.A Picture of Dorian Gray(1945)..

The 2009 version is a bit more 'spicy'...Though i prefer the 1945 version.....7/10 for he latter..

MikeGrecian

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes-rented with trepidation as not a fan of the other movies in the franchise but was rather pleasantly surprised with this installment, sometimes the CGI looks a bit suss but on the whole a great rental on a Friday night with a couple of lagers.7/10.:D

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Name, rating out of 10 and a short review please.

Syriana, 0/10, Rubbish. Probably the worst film i have ever seen.
I thought it was OK. Hard to keep up with who was who and what they did, until I realised that pretty much everyone was a bad guy and US foreign affairs is all industry and government working together, brutally.

But of course I already knew that. Manc's rating was too harsh, IMO.

MickStagraget

36 - French film with Daniel Auteil and Gerard Deppydoo, about police officers trying to chase down a group of robbers. Not great, bit fiddly and seems a bit multiple personality in the message it's trying to pitch. 6/10.

Mr Jinx

Black Swan - now this is a film you're either going to love or hate. And I have to say I loved it.

It's based around the paranoia experienced by people in a position of power. The feeling that everyone's out to get you. How this feeling can drive you on but ultimately destroy you.

9/10

Antony Moxey

Black Swan - now this is a film you're either going to love or hate. And I have to say I loved it.

It's based around the paranoia experienced by people in a position of power. The feeling that everyone's out to get you. How this feeling can drive you on but ultimately destroy you.

9/10
The big problem I had with the film was the ridiculous anguished look Natalie Portman had ALL the way through the film - happy: anguished look, sad: anguished look, promoted: anguished look, upset: anguished look. She may as well have just worn a mask.

And the lezzer bit could have been so much better...

Mr Jinx

The big problem I had with the film was the ridiculous anguished look Natalie Portman had ALL the way through the film - happy: anguished look, sad: anguished look, promoted: anguished look, upset: anguished look. She may as well have just worn a mask.

And the lezzer bit could have been so much better...
Disagree with your first comment...as did the Oscars panel. She did a better job than Firth did to win his.

Second comment - yeah of course it could, but as it was to get past censorship, it was good enough.

Black Swan - now this is a film you're either going to love or hate. /QUOTE]

" Shame "

And so, I suspect, is this. Though, having said that, I neither loved nor hated it but was certainly mightily impressed by the acting and filming. It is about a man who is obsessed by sex, can' t stop thinking about it or doing it, but who is completely unhappy and empty at the same time.

7 / 10