Last film watched..

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dorian Gray(2009)...Loose remake of the classic.A Picture of Dorian Gray(1945)..

The 2009 version is a bit more 'spicy'...Though i prefer the 1945 version.....7/10 for he latter..

MikeGrecian

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes-rented with trepidation as not a fan of the other movies in the franchise but was rather pleasantly surprised with this installment, sometimes the CGI looks a bit suss but on the whole a great rental on a Friday night with a couple of lagers.7/10.:D

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Name, rating out of 10 and a short review please.

Syriana, 0/10, Rubbish. Probably the worst film i have ever seen.
I thought it was OK. Hard to keep up with who was who and what they did, until I realised that pretty much everyone was a bad guy and US foreign affairs is all industry and government working together, brutally.

But of course I already knew that. Manc's rating was too harsh, IMO.

MickStagraget

36 - French film with Daniel Auteil and Gerard Deppydoo, about police officers trying to chase down a group of robbers. Not great, bit fiddly and seems a bit multiple personality in the message it's trying to pitch. 6/10.

Mr Jinx

Well-known Exeweb poster
Black Swan - now this is a film you're either going to love or hate. And I have to say I loved it.

It's based around the paranoia experienced by people in a position of power. The feeling that everyone's out to get you. How this feeling can drive you on but ultimately destroy you.

9/10

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Black Swan - now this is a film you're either going to love or hate. And I have to say I loved it.

It's based around the paranoia experienced by people in a position of power. The feeling that everyone's out to get you. How this feeling can drive you on but ultimately destroy you.

9/10
The big problem I had with the film was the ridiculous anguished look Natalie Portman had ALL the way through the film - happy: anguished look, sad: anguished look, promoted: anguished look, upset: anguished look. She may as well have just worn a mask.

And the lezzer bit could have been so much better...

Mr Jinx

Well-known Exeweb poster
The big problem I had with the film was the ridiculous anguished look Natalie Portman had ALL the way through the film - happy: anguished look, sad: anguished look, promoted: anguished look, upset: anguished look. She may as well have just worn a mask.

And the lezzer bit could have been so much better...
Disagree with your first comment...as did the Oscars panel. She did a better job than Firth did to win his.

Second comment - yeah of course it could, but as it was to get past censorship, it was good enough.

Black Swan - now this is a film you're either going to love or hate. /QUOTE]

" Shame "

And so, I suspect, is this. Though, having said that, I neither loved nor hated it but was certainly mightily impressed by the acting and filming. It is about a man who is obsessed by sex, can' t stop thinking about it or doing it, but who is completely unhappy and empty at the same time.

7 / 10