• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jay Stansfield

Dannyred

Most people would think it was a positive that we keep finding and developing young players with potential that other richer clubs recognise.

But you just want to be negative and criticise the club. Ever thought of moving to Arizona?
Show me a positive when these young players walk for peanuts and we remain a league 2 club reliant on volunteers and people handing money over to the trust.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Show me a positive when these young players walk for peanuts and we remain a league 2 club reliant on volunteers and people handing money over to the trust.
The positive is that we still have supporters willing to volunteer to support the club they love. Something worth more than money and something that many clubs would kill for. If you Don't get that then you don't get exeter city.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
From the Adam Stansfield foundation twitter feed.

We are all so proud of Jay. He will be able to make a name for himself in his own right, which is important. It is a big challenge which Jay is relishIng. He loves playing & has already made an impact in his natural position. The coaches have seen & appreciate his potential.

IndoMike

I think Tagg's statement hits the nail on the head. Unfortunately this will be a recurring theme : the clubs higher up the food chain have little to lose by taking on our talented youngsters, and potentially a lot to gain. And who could blame a kid or his family for snapping up a golden opportunity: we'd all do the same
If Danny and others were objective rather than always negatively subjective they should realize that City are helpless in this kind of situation.
Ire should be directed towards the FA/ Football League for applying a system that is weighted heavily against the small clubs. But we all know that both the FA and the Football League don't give a sh+t about the lower leagues, much to their shame.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

iscalad

I wonder if the money we knew we were getting allowed Matt to sign Ajose?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder if the money we knew we were getting allowed Matt to sign Ajose?
I should imagine quite a bit of the money will go back in to the academy.

DB9

Yes, I understand that but unfortunately a sense of pride doesn't add an additional £500k to our playing budget every year.
Guess I think that the Academy, C&F team etc that work frigging hard and our reputation as developing young talent as a sense of pride. The money won't be as much but whatever we get will be welcome

Fareham Grecian

The Trust structure and the desire to live within our means has given us the most profitable L2 club in the country, with a sustainable long term future. In what world is that not a huge positive??

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally, I'm just disappointed that we won't get to see Matt Jay and Jay Stansfield play in the same team! Guess we'll just have to make do with the Joel Randall/ Randell Williams combo.