• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window Ins Outs And Rumours

muppetdodger

Wouldn’t be surprised to Fisher go out the door.
I'd be astonished if Fish goes out. a) he's not fit right now b) he was playing regularly c) he started to find the net d) why would we get rid of a striker with Ajose and Seymour unknown quantities.
That would be daft imho

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
22 year old left back Tom Field transfer listed by Brentford. promising start to his career, but disappointing loan spells at Bradford and Cheltenham. Can’t get near Brentford’s first team squad. Linked with other league clubs, but not us ( perhaps surprisingly)

Red Devon

I'd be astonished if Fish goes out. a) he's not fit right now b) he was playing regularly c) he started to find the net d) why would we get rid of a striker with Ajose and Seymour unknown quantities.
That would be daft imho

My thinking is based solely on the speculation that we’re looking for a new striker Pitman for example...Fisher has been slow to get going 2 goals before his injury isn’t good enough...Bowman is now back as one of the first names on the team sheet and his intended strike partner Ajose is back and in contention and scored last Saturday, with high hopes for Seymour...Fish could be surplus to requirements if MT is seriously looking to bolster our firepower.

benjisheps

My thinking is based solely on the speculation that we’re looking for a new striker Pitman for example...Fisher has been slow to get going 2 goals before his injury isn’t good enough...Bowman is now back as one of the first names on the team sheet and his intended strike partner Ajose is back and in contention and scored last Saturday, with high hopes for Seymour...Fish could be surplus to requirements if MT is seriously looking to bolster our firepower.
we aren’t looking for another forward

Red Devon

we aren’t looking for another forward

Like I said there’s plenty of speculation that we are.

Corey

It’s taken a while to settle and he wasn’t playing loads at the start of the season, limited to five minute cameos from the bench. Once he started playing consistently, he bagged a couple of goals and looked good in his aerial play.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
But MT has said we’d need to get some players off the wage bill to bring people on. Ok so Warren has gone for a month but any wages saved there would go towards the LWB we need.

As I said before, even if Fisher was surplus to requirements (I don’t believe he is) he would need to be fully fit for someone to sign him. As he’s injured and is likely to be for some time, he won’t be going anywhere.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fisher has started five games in the league and FA Cup and scored three times which is pretty impressive. I would have thought that if anyone is going out in loan it would be Seymour. However, we barely have enough players fit and available to fill the bench on Saturday so talk of any more departures is surely premature.

IndoMike

RD. With respect, I think you're barking up the wrong tree about Fisher. He's the natural replacement for Bowman if the latter is injured. He hasn"t done so bad considering his limited opportunities and he knows the club, of course. Would be a luxury we can't afford to bring in another striker, I think.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doubt we'll see anything other than a left-sided player coming in, but if we were to go for a goalscorer, like Pitman, to score the goals to get us over the line, I wouldn't be unhappy. Ajose should be that man, but he's just back from injury. Hope he can do it. Seymour, to me, looks promising, but quite far from the finished article. I like Lee Martin, but as has been debated at length, he's not really a goal poacher.