Jake Taylor

geoffwp

Well-known Exeweb poster
Haha was about to post the same quote. Clearly it wasn’t just fans who were bored to death with Our Greatest Ever Manager®
Good to hear Jake has put more of his future into City, but why spoil the thread with yet another of your obsessed digs at Tisdale. Get over it eh?

ecfc-boy

If you too don’t stop il get the law on you and they will Nicky ah

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good to hear Jake has put more of his future into City, but why spoil the thread with yet another of your obsessed digs at Tisdale. Get over it eh?
Such an easy bite :D

Quick, to the Tismobile!

The Proper Chap

To be fair Geoff it's reasonable to pick up on comments coming from the players.

The comment surprised me slightly as I had Taylor down as something of a Tisdalite.

Anyway I'm pleased he has signed a new deal, my guess is that he has committed for the best part of 3 years, at 26 the next chapter of his career could well be his prime, it sends out a good message that players like Taylor are committing to ECFC for the long term.

iscalad

Great news and I think this highlights the fact that the players are happy with things behind the scenes. Also think it is quite telling when he says, "Since Matty (Taylor) has come in he has shown us it is completely different this year and it is definitely something I want to be involved in going forward.”

Good to hear that the players have bought into MT's more intense training methods!!
Good news indeed. Anyone at the Fan's Forum would have known that Jake and Jayden were talking about a different approach this season.

IndoMike

Just woken up to this very good news, Good on you. Jake. And yes, his words are a compliment to Matt T. Good to hear that Matt is making the players enthusiastic about the future.

ECFC89

I knew it somehow has to be about Tis.

Anyway, great news, and now he is captain he has the potential to be a city Legend.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quality player. Works hard, good athleticism. His game has changed quite a bit in the last couple of years. Reminds me a bit of Sercombe now apart from he doesnt choose to blast it over the top of the big bank from 30 yards out every week. Good box to box CM, think he will benefit a lot from having Law alongside him.

Grecian Max

No. You weren't fishing. Its called OCD max.
You got done Geoff, get over it :D

It's either fishing for Geoffs or joining in with tiresome puns that somehow still seem to be happening on here, decades on....

Last edited:

elginCity

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always gives I a warm fuzzy feeling when a quality player commits to City. Thought his form tailed off at the back end of last season, seems the captaincy and his Dad’s fresh managerial approach has reinvigorated Jakey.

Great news.

STURTZ

When Taylor was a mazey winger he showed the ability to run at players and beat them with trickery, wish he would do more of that now.

Temporarily Exiled

When Taylor was a mazey winger he showed the ability to run at players and beat them with trickery, wish he would do more of that now.
That's not his role. He makes sure we stay in possession, and helps us hold our shape defensively.

The Proper Chap

I don't remember that, I thought he was pretty ineffective as a winger, as a central midfielder he has really shown his worth as a high energy combative player.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great ambassador for the club in his role as captain comes across so well when being interviewed