Jake Taylor

ExeterCityLad

I was expecting this to say 'Has joined MK Dons' when I saw this thread.

Thankfully I was wrong.

Hants_red

exeweb.com admin, Esq.
Staff member
Obviously you haven't yet realized that Hants is a big tease. To the naughty step, Hantsy.
I couldn't find a recent thread on the great man, so started a new one. There didn't seem to be another thread that was appropriate.

Interview with Jake Taylor that was in Saturday's match programme and now reproduced on line https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/-feature-interview-it-is-a-massive-honour.-a-really-proud-moment/
A great decision by MT to make JT Captain, he led the team on Saturday and seems to be a calming influence in the Midfield. Why oh why was he playing wide the majority of last season?

I don’t think we’ll get the goal returns of last season from JT as he played a lot deeper on Saturday,keeping it simple and kept the game ticking over. Also allowed Boateng a pretty much free reign to get forward. So another good decision by MT.

I’m sure we’ll play a more attacking brand of football but maybe won’t be as tight at the back as won't have the numbers covering. Two upfront is a welcome change and it also looks like we won’t play 5 at the back?

dontpassback

Well done Jake,excellent news and it shows that matt Taylor’s more adventurous style of play bodes well for the future !

benjisheps

Great news and I think this highlights the fact that the players are happy with things behind the scenes. Also think it is quite telling when he says, "Since Matty (Taylor) has come in he has shown us it is completely different this year and it is definitely something I want to be involved in going forward.”

Good to hear that the players have bought into MT's more intense training methods!!

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Haha was about to post the same quote. Clearly it wasn’t just fans who were bored to death with Our Greatest Ever Manager®