• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Next they will be expecting great things from our under 8's or ditch them :ROFLMAO:
Whos they? We are all one fanbase.

exeter-loyal

If he carrys on playing well in pre season he should be given a chance.

I know Sparkes was on loan last season but If I'm honest I would have had him in instead of Holmes towards the end of the season.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know Sparkes was on loan last season but If I'm honest I would have had him in instead of Holmes towards the end of the season.
Next season he should be pushing Holmes imho, Holmes was decent at times last season however he is beginning to become a bit of a one trick pony now, I haven't seen Sparkes play much live however I have seen clips online and I like the fact he looks to get a lot of crosses in, given we now have the likes of Ajose, Bowman, Fisher etc that could be very useful indeed.

I appreciate he is still very young however physically he looks strong with a fair bit of bulk, if he's good enough he's old enough.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's felt like a long 2 years since Jack smashed the post against Swindon, probably even more so for Jack himself. However, he seems to have benefitted greatly from his loans last season and, as Matt Taylor would say, come back as a man - no longer a promising youngster but a proper player who doesn't look out of place in the first team. For someone who hasn't grown up as a defender I though his defensive work was really impressive yesterday. And, although we haven't seen much of him going forward yet, the team already looks much more balanced with him on the left and Nicky Law now free to run the game from the centre of the pitch.

exeter-loyal

If he carrys on the way he's going I can see him soon being a regular starter and Fairplay to him as he deserves it.

budegrecian

Interesting how he's been converted into a wing back. He went out on loan to Salisbury last season & from my understanding played at full back, which would have developed his defensive abilities. I can only assume that this was at our insistence as I'm sure Salisbury would have preferred to play him as a winger. In any event he is now turning into an important member of our squad & hopefully develops in a similar fashion to the way Archie Collins did last season.

jimbo-gould

Jack has basically developed in the same way that Gareth Bale has in terms of positions, just backwards. I still wouldn’t be surprised to see him lined up in a more attacking role in the future.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
He’s a dynamic player with the quality and ability to turn matches.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
He’s a dynamic player with the quality and ability to turn matches.
I agree. I rate him highly and if Matt Taylor is still serious about wanting to play a running game he would be a shoe in every time.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree. I rate him highly and if Matt Taylor is still serious about wanting to play a running game he would be a shoe in every time.
The left full-back role is currently his. If he can continue to demonstrate the sort of consistency he has managed in his last few games, he become a mainstay in the side this season. Here's hoping!