• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is there a Solicitor in the house?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
To keep an incredibly long story short, the saga of my car trundles on ...
The fly-by-night garage that took possession of it have indeed long since flown. So, instead, I turned my rheumy eyes towards the ne'er-do-wells who destroyed my vehicle. I submitted my case - which is simple, straightforward and has supporting documentation - to what was once called the Small Claims Court.
Today, I received the case for the defence.
Ten points, none of which are entirely unexpected and most of which I would have made myself if the shoe was on the other foot.
I have no idea how quickly the system moves from this point on. However, it might be nice to have someone with a better brain then I to glance over the paperwork and see what holes may be present in my argument before I lower myself into the bear pit of the County Court.
It should be pointed out that my personal finances remain firmly lodged somewhere between 'negligible' and 'nonexistent'. I can, though, trundle down to God's great county with a copy of all paperwork and the price of a latte grasped firmly within my chubby mitts.
If anyone fits the criteria and is willing to partake of this rather less than generous offer, please feel free to PM me.
Many thanks. (LLL)

Newtonpop

Rae, sorry to hear you're still having problems with this hope someone comes to help asap.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wasn't there a Fighting Fund set up for this?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Indeed, Newton. It took over a year to get the info I wanted from the DVLA.
No, Swanny, and quite right imo. But people were most kind and helpful. (y)

angelic upstart

Erstwhile exewebber Barmy Grecian has a law degree. He may be able to assist.

motorservices

Rae, imust have missed this, what happened to your car?

LOG

Richard_Portland sold her some dodgy tyres.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Richard_Portland sold her some dodgy tyres.
Very good :)