• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is the Big Bank the biggest?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've seen it said the Brunton Park holds more. Is it true?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have seen that.The BB did have its capacity reduced recently to around 3,600 due to a change in calculating the space.

The terrace at Brunton Park is the one in front of the grandstand I assume ?

Red Devon

According to Duncan Adams at the Football Ground Guide yes it is.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I am talking about Football League.

Rosencrantz

According to Wiki the Warwick Road End holds 3,500 which is their largest standing area. Overall they would have more standing spaces I guess with the paddock in front of their old grandstand and the open terrace that's rarely opened.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
All these standing areas at grounds are being / have been reduced in nominal capacity under the "Green Book" as people are on average getting bigger (i.e. fatter) and need more room. The Big Bank capacity has indeed been cut down but the same will apply to the terrace at Carlisle.

There are of course always no-shows but footy clubs can't do what the airlines do and sell more tickets than they have spaces and hope some don't turn up...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
All these standing areas at grounds are being / have been reduced in nominal capacity under the "Green Book" as people are on average getting bigger (i.e. fatter) and need more room. The Big Bank capacity has indeed been cut down but the same will apply to the terrace at Carlisle.

There are of course always no-shows but footy clubs can't do what the airlines do and sell more tickets than they have spaces and hope some don't turn up...
That should be "Green Guide" from the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (yes, they really exist!). Available to purchase...

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Big Bank capacity was dropped slightly at the start of this season owing to reduced exiting capacity. I think it is now at 3700ish.

Ashford Grecian

All I know is it's the best (y):love:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster