• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is automatic promotion out of the question?

Ashford Grecian

Only 9 points to make up now.....(y)

ECFC89

While I am loving this optimism and it would be incredible, just look at Crawley in 14th..........four points behind us. Four points and we're 14th.
But come on City lets ****ing have it !!!!!

Rog H K

No it is not. Mathematically no problem at all. Take each game as it comes and see where it takes us. Long way to go yet. Please no injuries, sick notes or selling of players ( unless it is £10m or more!)

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saying it very quietly, but we also have a game in hand on the 3rd placed club.....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can we keep our good run of form under the radar? We just need to keep plugging away, get over any hiccups along the way and keep focussed and basically injury free and then yes it's a possibility.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
:). Mathematically it's not. Anything is possible given we have climbed from bottom to ninth so quickly.

The form is great. Biggest pluses is winning by so comfortable margins, and you can see the belief growing on the pitch and amongst the fans. Also now starting to beat sides higher up the table.

Unless we do what we historically haven't managed in having a huge unbeaten run, we are likely to have a set back at some point and the challenge then is to avoid any runs of games without wins. Getting so few points in the first 17 games has reduced our margin for error significantly. I also still don't like the tactic of pulling every player back when we are under the cosh, I feared today that an equaliser was only a matter of time but having said that when you are letting in so few goals any tactics are clearly working.

Right now I will be very happy with a top seven finish, and think we need to try not to get too carried away. Next two matches are big challenges.

Saint James

Saying it very quietly, but we also have a game in hand on the 3rd placed club.....
Just to point out the bleeding obvious but so have Cambridge, Luton, Wycombe and Portsmouth :)

dontpassback

Consistency is the key,if we keep this form up anything is possible,hopefully we have had our injury jinx early in the season and if ''tis can pick the same back four on a regular basis,then I wouldn't back against us.we are scoring for fun and the confidence must be sky high.keep hold of Ollie,who seems to frighten the best of defenders and we will be rocking!

Ashford Grecian

:). Mathematically it's not. Anything is possible given we have climbed from bottom to ninth so quickly.

The form is great. Biggest pluses is winning by so comfortable margins, and you can see the belief growing on the pitch and amongst the fans. Also now starting to beat sides higher up the table.

Unless we do what we historically haven't managed in having a huge unbeaten run, we are likely to have a set back at some point and the challenge then is to avoid any runs of games without wins. Getting so few points in the first 17 games has reduced our margin for error significantly. I also still don't like the tactic of pulling every player back when we are under the cosh, I feared today that an equaliser was only a matter of time but having said that when you are letting in so few goals any tactics are clearly working.

Right now I will be very happy with a top seven finish, and think we need to try not to get too carried away. Next two matches are big challenges.
Come on Rich get that avatar changed ;)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Come on Rich get that avatar changed ;)
I'd like to wait a little longer AG. No logic to it, but if I take it down and we go on a bad run I just look fickle. I will however quite happily give him credit where it's due for the recent results. Probably the best unbeaten run for years given the inclusion of so many wins by several goals.