• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Tisdale went

Somewhat predictably, we now have threads aplenty for Tisdale to resign Which is fine, eeveryone's entitled to an opinion.

However, the one thing sorely lacking is an obvious replacement. If he'd gone at the end of last season, Sir Rob was the obvious replacement. Who is there now, whose available, and able/willing to move to Gods Own County?

I'm struggling to come up with anyone.

milts

Neil Aspin?

Done a great job at Halfiax.

Better youth set up here to bring players through from, with a bit of money now in the bank. There would be plenty of people wanting the job.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
This really is a totally pointless thread, although I thought somebody would come up with something along the lines of who out there is better than Tisdale. Somebody needs to figure a way of getting rid of Tisdale, Tagg, and Perryman and not neccesarily in that order. The three of them are doing very nicely thank you from a financial standpoint, and somebody needs to come up with a way to break this trio up. Good luck with that!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Friends of mine and I were discussing this very issue yesterday. The bottom line is that we don't need to. If the job were to be advertised there would be a substantial number of applications. From memory, when Tis got the job I believe there were something like 48 applications and that was when we were still in the Conference, largely unproven and without the level of income we have now. Those 48 were eventually whittled down to a final shortlist of 3.

Tis was a non-league manager at that time, largely off the radar apart from (ironically) some success in taking Team Bath to the first round proper of the FA Cup.

It would almost certainly happen again (i.e., plenty of applications). We don't need to have names in mind or go looking. As Tis himself would say, "we don't go looking.....they come to us) ;)

denzil

I WOULD THANKS PROVIDENCE that he'd gone..........................but he won't. He has us by the short and curlies and his belief that he can do no wrong will prevail

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
There would be a shed load of applications for the job

Pick the best man

Simple

denzil

Including, hopefully, Darren Ferguson ???

Antony Moxey

Pete Martin and Credy are spot on. There'd be a stack of applicants, one of which might just be another Tis from way off the radar.

Last edited:

neilybags

If 'Tis went we would get plenty of applicants. Bottom line is that the current manager has made a poor team into a dreadful team. His team selection is baffling, his tactics wrong and he never has a Plan B. Plus he has lost the confidence of the fans.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
doesnt say much if the argument for keeping him is that we might get someone who isn't any better.