• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I remember when...

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Argyle were a massive club with unlimited money and fans pushing for Premiership promotion, had an amazing squad and were rubbing shoulders with the likes of Real Madrid in pre season friendlies.
All the while we were the plucky non-league minnows down the road, busy losing to the likes of Grays and Crawley, without a pot to **** in. While the greens decided we were never going to play them again...

How times change eh? Ho ho ho! :D

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ha I forgot about Real Madrid 4th team playing them in Austria wasn't it? Ian was sad enough to fly out...!

IJN

True fan me mate.

Sad enough?

Brilliant 4 days.

Brum to Munich, hired a car, 5 hour drive through the mountains, 40c weather, brilliant company.

What football is all about.

Grecian2K

Porkus, pleeeze reassure us that their distinct curvature was NOT due to you indulging in a pre-match climb up the floodlight pylons?

PS: Seen better grounds in the friggin' CONFERENCE....as I'm sure you'll soon be finding out for yourself. Mind you, also has a certain DON VALLEY look about it, I suppose <happy sigh>

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
while some of the greens that post here have appeared to have given up the ghost, some have this Walter Mitty attitude whereby they really believe they're a prem league side in waiting :S

It's laughable.

IJN

Porkus, pleeeze reassure us that their distinct curvature was NOT due to you indulging in a pre-match climb up the floodlight pylons?

PS: Seen better grounds in the friggin' CONFERENCE....as I'm sure you'll soon be finding out for yourself. Mind you, also has a certain DON VALLEY look about it, I suppose <happy sigh>
England played Austria there.

Grecian2K

England played Austria there.
Which, sadly, shows how far our national team have sunk over the years in the esteem of others :$ :(

Still prefer the image of the LEAGUE ONE bound Grecian Army at the DV though, Porkus

or perhaps THIS pic of us at your own personal NUMERO UNO stadium

IJN

Sheffield or Kapfemburg, that's a hard one.

As for OT, you obviously took that one yourself Greeky, what team is that?

heathy1

Sheffield or Kapfemburg, that's a hard one.

As for OT, you obviously took that one yourself Greeky, what team is that?
Exeter old boy Exeter

IJN

Forgive me, I've had a long day.

:$