• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I don’t understand

100milesaway

So notice on the rolling contract was given 18 months ago

But a year ago in the Wembley build up, Tis was cheerful, telling stories about wearing Cravats and saying Exeter is wonderful and if he left he’d probably leave football altogether.

But a year later he’s saying he’s hurt and is clearly annoyed

I don’t get it?

He didn’t seem bothered a year ago

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh goodie another Tisdale thread.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

But a year ago in the Wembley build up, Tis was cheerful, telling stories about wearing Cravats and saying Exeter is wonderful and if he left he’d probably leave football altogether.

I don’t get it?

To be honest neither do I. Also we started this season like a rocket and the Club showed a level of ambition by making the signings they did in the Summer window. All three looked to be good signings who would strengthen what was already a successful squad further. Indeed everything seemed to be set fair for a top three finish that was until Reid threw his toys out of the pram.

Even then despite a minor wobble there was no dissension amongst the supporters. So what did happen something must have happened around the beginning of the New Year which upset Tisdale sufficiently to give the interview to the Times journo that he did. If I remember rightly about this time Perryman was also heard to talk openly about his dislike of internal politics.

Up until now I have tended to feel the Trust leadership was prone to just sit back and avoid having any serious involvement in the running of the Club but I am now having second thoughts.

As 100 plus has said apart from a small amount of disquiet shown by the supporters following some very disappointing results during the period early to mid March everything was all sweetness and light. Although interesting to note that the Times article was printed immediately following that sequence on Monday 26th March a coincidence I wonder.

Returning to my second thoughts immediately prior to the opening of the January window Tisdale had gone on record as saying that he intended to bring new faces in and strengthen the team. After the window had closed he then said that he tried but failed to get in some of the players he targeted and whilst this is only conjecture I would have though that one of the positions he had been looking to fill was a striking partner for Stockley.

So what happened did he fail because of his own shortcomings or did he go to the Board and ask for additional funds to complete the deal but found that his request was turned down by the Board and Trustees representatives in particular.

If so, then whilst I still think he made a serious error of judgment, even underestimating the resolve of those Trustees, this would go some way to explaining why he made the comments he did with regard to the Trust ownership model and perhaps just perhaps shows them in a different light.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh goodie another Tisdale thread.
Well , amongst all the doom and gloom , it is exciting having yet another will he won't he , can he can't he thread, to debate over and chew to bits and while away the long boring evening hours.
Saves me having to watch Eastenders with the wife.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mods time to close this thread, short lived as it has been, he has gone so no longer any relevance or point in us trying to understand how the situation was reached.

Terryhall

I don’t get it?

He didn't have a contract offer from MK Dons a year ago.

Boyo

Mods time to close this thread, short lived as it has been, he has gone so no longer any relevance or point in us trying to understand how the situation was reached.
Not true. It's important to understand why his opinion and attitudes changed. If that was caused by something the Club or Trust Boards did then that may need to be investigated. Not understanding nor learning from past mistakes is foolish.

Terryhall

Not true. It's important to understand why his opinion and attitudes changed. If that was caused by something the Club or Trust Boards did then that may need to be investigated. Not understanding nor learning from past mistakes is foolish.
What if it was caused by something as simple as another club made him an offer and he liked their offer better than ours?

Boyo

What if it was caused by something as simple as another club made him an offer and he liked their offer better than ours?
Then we would know the full story and that should be communicated to prevent speculation. But there would be no requirement for an internal review.

Terryhall

Then we would know the full story and that should be communicated to prevent speculation. But there would be no requirement for an internal review.
Perhaps you should ask him then, but he may not want to tell you.