• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Homer's injury

Ash

Anyone heard about Robbie? Didn't look too good from where I sat today :(

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Broken ankle apparently and will most likely need surgery according to Tisdale.

Horrible injury and it's a big shame for him. Whatever people think about his ability he always gives 100% for the team so it a big blow for him.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A big blow for him but in a selfish way I think good for the team because if Simpson is keeping Reid and Watkins out the team then its to the detriment of ECFC.

I would never wish injury on anyone, particularly one of our own, but the bottom line is Simpson isn't very good and I don't believe his injury will effect our season, it may even indirectly help by allowing others more game time.

Exehausted

A big blow for him but in a selfish way I think good for the team because if Simpson is keeping Reid and Watkins out the team then its to the detriment of ECFC.

I would never wish injury on anyone, particularly one of our own, but the bottom line is Simpson isn't very good and I don't believe his injury will effect our season, it may even indirectly help by allowing others more game time.
It should mean a place on the bench at least for young Ryan Swan for the next few games. I hope he gets a few minutes in each of the next five or six matches and shows what he can do.

Last edited:

dontpassback

Not our best ever player by a long way,but I wish him well with his recovery,it's not good to see anyone injured like that and he is a city player so I hope he recovers well and it's not careeer threatening.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
As my brother pointed out yesterday it shows how easily a bad injury can occur. Would love to keep our better players like Watkins, but if record fees are being offered its another reason to consider taking the money.

STURTZ

It is a shame about Simmo, not least because apart from Reid he was the closest thing we had to a target man, All our other forwards (including Swan from what I understand) are quickish players that are best running from midfield. Reid may not be able to last the full 90 minutes and should he get injured then it does leave us somewhat one dimensional in attack.

I'd like to see us using Grant more, he always looks capable of making things happen and, in my opinion, is better than McAlinden in as much as he is better on the ball than Macca and looks a greater threat in front of goal. Maybe Tisdale will form a partnership between the two to replace the Simpson/McAlinden tandem.

LOG

Did anyone see what happened? Was he tackled or did he just go over on it?

I broke my ankle playing football and there nobody within about 10 feet of me.

andrew p long

Did anyone see what happened? Was he tackled or did he just go over on it?

I broke my ankle playing football and there nobody within about 10 feet of me.
I've just watched the GP highlights and he is stretching for the ball just before it reached McAlinden (who was odds on to score). No fault of the defender who also went for it,there might have been the flimsiest tangling,but essentially Simpson (just) went over awkwardly on it.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
As my brother pointed out yesterday it shows how easily a bad injury can occur. Would love to keep our better players like Watkins, but if record fees are being offered its another reason to consider taking the money.
That's right. Remember Grimes leaving Wimbledon on crutches after being targeted by a league 2 thug.