• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hiram Boateng take a bow

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
he's quality. i was amazed when we signed him. hes been good all season but last night he was on the top of his game. unbelievable goal, 40 yard run and he knew it was in as soon as it left his boot!

Terryhall

Has been fantastic all season, incredible individual goal last night too. Could be a real force for us in years to come and hope he is with us for a very long time.

Bongo1959

Quality, gets better and better

Andy Holloway

"Boetang travels well with the ball.
Lacks pace....
But move the ball quickly in transition."

Who said or wrote this?

Answer shortly courtesy of Hants.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
"Boetang travels well with the ball.
Lacks pace....
But move the ball quickly in transition."

Who said or wrote this?

Answer shortly courtesy of Hants.
I've put them on the match day thread. http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?60073-Exeter-City-v-Lincoln-City-Matchday-Thread&p=1720494&viewfull=1#post1720494

budegrecian

Just been watching the FA Cup final. So Boetang for nothing or Pogba for £90 million....(tmi)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Boateng moves so quickly with the ball, which is a big asset. He’s still quite raw and at 22 should have a lot of improvement in his game. If he fulfills his long-term potential he should become a championship standard player. He needs to add more goals to his game too.

I do love him though and if we make it to L1 he will be a huge player for us. His goal on Thursday was arguably the best goal seen at SJP for years. Harley’s was a superb strike but for Boateng to firstly win the ball and then run 50 yards with it, before scoring with practically an unstoppable shot was top drawer.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Similarities with the Martin Phillips goal v Fulham , mid Ninties.

andrew p long

he's quality. i was amazed when we signed him. !
I loved the exchanges on the transfer deadline thread.there was a mention on deadline day that we might be signing Hiram. This was quickly dismissed as an internet rumour and ‘he’s far too good to sign for us’. Which I and perhaps many others easily accepted. So when at 5pm Hiram was added to stockley and the two WBA lads...

STURTZ

Similarities with the Martin Phillips goal v Fulham , mid Ninties.
Yeah, but Phillips goal was a breakaway from halfway with defenders chasing after him, whereas Boateng was running at a fully positioned defence.

I was thinking that Boateng's run had similarities to the famous run when Rob Edwards ran the length of the pitch to pull the ball back for Harley in the semi final decider at Torquay,