• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Having been at the game.....

muppetdodger

....I would love to know how Gordon Sparks reacted to our winner!!!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't remember,I was too busy celebrating.The look on his face must have been funny though.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gordon Sparks wasnt involved with the commentary on Grecian World. I dont know who the rest of the county had to put up with, be we had Alan Richardson and Sean McCarthy.

In fairness, and under those circumstances, I thought they did us proud, and I hardly detected any bias from their commentary, particulaly from McCauley.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, as they were only running one commentary last night, Sparkes (and Dave Saunders from the "City" side) were despatched to other parts of the ground to report from their positions in amongst the Plym**th/City supporters respectively. I agree with Pete that the commentary was very fair. I note McCarthy didn't mention his last Devon derby "performance"!

Fortunately they are doubling up the commentary for Dec 11, so Plym**th can listen to Sparkes while we get Ayres/Saunders/whoever.

David Treharne

To be fair there were several BBC types who were at the game last night in the stands. John Ayres said that he had not been chosen because of his Exeter City 'connections' and actually seemed pretty relieved NOT to be involved!

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
F*ck all coverage anywhere though. I saw the winner on Spotlight briefly but that is it. Sky arent interested as it was the Premiership last night. Better be more on Spotlight tonight.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
F*ck all coverage anywhere though. I saw the winner on Spotlight briefly but that is it. Sky arent interested as it was the Premiership last night. Better be more on Spotlight tonight.
Shortly before 8 this morning SSN was doing the Northern section goals, so I assume we also featured at some point.