• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartlepool United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would hope that City could pick up a half decent loan signing to fill the scoring void in January.....

Grecian2K

I would hope that City could pick up a half decent loan signing to fill the scoring void in January.....
More likely to end up with a half fit one. :confused:

PeteUSA

Should never have had to go to Hartlepool in the first place......

Speaking of which, how did Mr Maxted play? What was their goal like?

Grecian2K

Speaking of which, how did Mr Maxted play? What was their goal like?
In this instance don't think even you would be able to fault him.
Total eff-up by, first, Deano and then Aaron M not killing the attack at birth, but has to be admitted a very smart dash from their player to exploit the space left and a tidy chip over JM to find the far corner of the net.
Sparkseys second yellow was a bit naive though. Maybe "a bit soft" but why try to wrestle a player down when they're still deep in their own half and you have at least one team mate covering?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
So as a club we only can sign goal scorers who are mostly crocked and ones that have lost their way in scoring?
Nope we signed Cureton and he was neither crocked or lost his way but he was getting on hence dropping to L2. Otherwise, we take a punt a someone whos not yet proven, they dont have to have lost their way or be crocked.

Proven goal scorers that are of a good age signing for L2 clubs are as rare as rocking horse $hit.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done Hartlepool

Great shame that it happened after we had a 2-0 lead over them at home, that’s my personal downer. Also not had much FA Cup excitement since Inglethorpe and Man Utd.

But some great recent results annd we are 2nd in the league after recently hammering Argyle, so I’m happy to move on.

STURTZ

Well done Hartlepool

Great shame that it happened after we had a 2-0 lead over them at home, that’s my personal downer. Also not had much FA Cup excitement since Inglethorpe and Man Utd.

But some great recent results annd we are 2nd in the league after recently hammering Argyle, so I’m happy to move on.
And what happened after the Man U game? We drew against Moss Side or some other humble non league team, roller coaster season? Was ever thus.

PeteUSA

Just saw the goal, and have to say: How on earth can anybody blame other defensive shortcomings when Maxted once again let in a decidely soft goal? If he'd have moved about a bit and perhaps jumped for that shot he would surely have got something on that? He planted himself on the near post and gave their scorer a golden opportunity to lift that shot over him. Very poor from Maxted. Theres no excuse for that, even if you've been let down by other defenders. Awful.

DB9

Nope we signed Cureton and he was neither crocked or lost his way but he was getting on hence dropping to L2. Otherwise, we take a punt a someone whos not yet proven, they dont have to have lost their way or be crocked.

Proven goal scorers that are of a good age signing for L2 clubs are as rare as rocking horse $hit.
But at the moment this "Punt" hasn't worked out, One can't score and the other is sidelined through injury,. Thank the lord for the others who are doing the business. I agree that a decent L2 scorer is rare but I'd love just a half decent one. Jamie was getting on, He did it old school way when a good footballer would end up in the lower divisions as they got older, He was a joy to watch and you knew that given half a chance he'd put it away