• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town - Sat 18th Jan

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
New book title:

Five Go Off To Sunny Donny(and sample the ales)by RHK
Gotta visit that pub again near to the railway station Roger..Can’t recall its name but really old school.
Characters galore & the slight smell of Pi55 in the premises 😁😁

Dannyred

I assume this will apply to your fans too, as it does say "all stands"

It didn’t the last time we went, Adults £7.50 kids free for home fans Only, never returned since as I thought it was wrong to pay £20 and travel that far when locals got in cheap. Think it was about 3 seasons ago.

Legohead

Banned
Gotta visit that pub again near to the railway station Roger..Can’t recall its name but really old school.
Characters galore & the slight smell of Pi55 in the premises 😁😁
Are you thinking of the Leopard? If so it's a famous pub around Donny. Renowned for music. Proper music. Grew up watching punk / metal bends in there and played in there with my own band a few times. Punk band Leatherface played there once which was one heck of a night?! Or you could be referring to the Corner Pin pub which last time I went in was a pisshole. Don't venture any further though or you'll end up in Hexthorpe where you may require a stab vest.

Oldsmobile-88

Are you thinking of the Leopard? If so it's a famous pub around Donny. Renowned for music. Proper music. Grew up watching punk / metal bends in there and played in there with my own band a few times. Punk band Leatherface played there once which was one heck of a night?! Or you could be referring to the Corner Pin pub which last time I went in was a pisshole. Don't venture any further though or you'll end up in Hexthorpe where you may require a stab vest.
It was the Little Plough(after a bit of research)
537F6A76-2BF2-4C28-9BA6-2480D58E86AE.jpeg

Legohead

Banned
It was the Little Plough(after a bit of research)
View attachment 1518

Ah yes. That was old school when I first started drinking round town when I was 16!

Oldsmobile-88

Ah yes. That was old school when I first started drinking round town when I was 16!
Loved it in there.
A old gas fire on.A Valor Dream(fitted loads of them in the late 1980s) to warm my hands up.
Around 1pm a local old boy was refused service “because you have had enough”
Don’t hear that in a Weatherspoons !

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Thought you might make a big effort for the trip to newly Tory Grimsby Jason ;)
I'll be there!

Cleethorpes has, of course, been Conservative since 2010.

les.gtfc

It didn’t the last time we went, Adults £7.50 kids free for home fans Only, never returned since as I thought it was wrong to pay £20 and travel that far when locals got in cheap. Think it was about 3 seasons ago.
Just asked someone who works at the club shop and they say that the offer DOES apply to Exeter fans too but tickets need to be bought in advance and proof of age may be required too. It is free for all under 14's.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Punk band Leatherface played there once which was one heck of a night?!
Nice. Early 90's?

Legohead

Banned
Nice. Early 90's?
Yes they are. Mush was my favourite album. They released some albums reasonably recently as a sort of comeback but they were atrocious. Sometimes it's best to leave it with lots of bands that do this I think.