• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Great West Run 2016

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done Sums and fair play to anyone who completed the half. It was blooming boiling on the fun run. Mr FP had a PB of just under 1hr22. Everyone happy with their medals and goodie bags. Great day. (y)

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well done Sums and fair play to anyone who completed the half. It was blooming boiling on the fun run. Mr FP had a PB of just under 1hr22. Everyone happy with their medals and goodie bags. Great day. (y)
Very impressive time for Mr FP; (clap) saw him finish. I think you must have run even quicker as I did not see you cross the line in the Fun Run. :)

Last edited:

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that's a very impressive time for Mr FP. Top work. [G]

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very impressive time for Mr FP; (clap) saw him finish. I think you must have run even quicker as I did not see you cross the line in the Fun Run. :)
Didn't see either of you. May have been thru sweat dripping in my eyes :$/trying not to lose small children. The more likely explanation Al20k was that you didn't see us finish the fun run because we were very close to end. My youngest is only just 4 but he loved it and everyone was cheering him on!

How did your daughter get on?

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Didn't see either of you. May have been thru sweat dripping in my eyes :$/trying not to lose small children. The more likely explanation Al20k was that you didn't see us finish the fun run because we were very close to end. My youngest is only just 4 but he loved it and everyone was cheering him on!

How did your daughter get on?
We clapped home all the fun runners so I don't know how I failed to spot you. :$

I actually had two daughters running. The elder finished in approx. 2.25. The younger and her partner (both running for the first time ever) did 2.42. They raised £750 for ELF.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Great day again...I got around in 1:54:55 and very happy to make it under my 2 hour target...thought the support from the public was outstanding all the way around with the atmosphere at the Sidwell ST roundabout really something!!

grecIAN Harris

Well that was tough!

How did everyone get on? As expected I didn't get any PB's today, but got under the 1:35 that I was aiming for, finishing in 1:34:06.

Great atmosphere and well organised as always, at least the rain held off for the run but it did get a tad blinding with the sun shining into the wet road later on! Also good to grab a bottle of water from our very own Credy on the way out of Stoke Woods!

Still, glad I've done it and the well earned pint has been drunk. Well done to all those who took part. [G]
But by God did it come down in the hour before though. We got to Magdalen Road car park where St Martins School were meeting and within five minutes it was lampooning it down.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Hence why I said "it held off for the run" ;)

I got to Belmont Park for about 8.15, and by god did the heavens open!

Last edited:

Alistair20000

The website shows under 2,200 finishers and DNF.

I thought around 3,000 were running ? :S

Leads

1.46:03 which was about where I expected. Went off too quick- was going under 1.40 pace for about the first five, and under 1.45 until about the last mile and half. Found it a lot tougher than my last course, needed to do a lot more training running up hills! Agreed it was all really friendly and the crowds were so supportive!