• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goodbye Tisdale

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
After listening to that last interview.Its like he was gutted that we would be in L2 next season because this was his last chance to get us up.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
It's been fun but we don't want you anymore. Resign ASAP so we can employ an ambitious manager. You've over stayed your welcome. Leave.
Hope your not including me in that "we " comment the man still has enough left in him to guide us to the autos next year.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd agree with this. He definitely needs to shoulder blame for decisions today but seems a lot of people want change for the sake of it after back-to-back playoff seasons
The problem is that the way we lost today was almost identical to the way we lost last year. Same tactics, same outcome.

In order to change, to improve, you need to learn from your mistakes. But to learn from your mistakes, you need to be able to admit your mistakes. Like Wenger, Tisdale has become too ensconced within the Club - no one is able to challenge him, to hold him to account. He has become arrogant, stubborn - too ready & willing to blame others for failings.

As a Team, City will not improve unless the manager improves. But the situation at the Club won't force Tisdale to confront his failings, & his limitations, & so nothing will force him to seek to improve.

tallone

If he does leave... will whoever takes him have to compensate for the rest of his contract which I believe runs until Nov.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
In order to change, to improve, you need to learn from your mistakes. But to learn from your mistakes, you need to be able to admit your mistakes. Like Wenger, Tisdale has become too ensconced within the Club - no one is able to challenge him, to hold him to account. He has become arrogant, stubborn - too ready & willing to blame others for failings.

As a Team, City will not improve unless the manager improves. But the situation at the Club won't force Tisdale to confront his failings, & his limitations, & so nothing will force him to seek to improve.
I totally agree. Tisdale is not held to account.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm hoping an announcement is made in the next couple of days. If a new man is coming in it needs to be sorted asap to allow him time to build his squad over the summer.

suffolklad

If we didn’t sell Watkins Grimes and Ampadu would we now be in Div 1?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I totally agree. Tisdale is not held to account.
Losing a playoff final isn't something that needs accounting for. Those who think a Wembley loss is too much to stomach Will probably get their wish when he's gone. I know it's been hard to watch, but where's the praise for what's been a very good season? If you think 4th is an unacceptable failure, I fear you've lost grip of reality a bit.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we didn’t sell Watkins Grimes and Ampadu would we now be in Div 1?
No. We'd be liquidation.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm hoping an announcement is made in the next couple of days. If a new man is coming in it needs to be sorted asap to allow him time to build his squad over the summer.
Indeed , let's hope too that a few contracts are up at the end of next month.A few dead weights we need to shift now asap.

Last edited: