• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goalkeeper question

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shay Given...reckon he could do a job. ;)
C*cks,

at least try and be sensible, I was thinking more along the lines of someone like Buffon.

malcolms

Forget these young loaners, just get an experienced keeper in for a year or two who is winding his career down.
Absolutely.....the development of your back four/five is affected negatively by having a keeper who is also on a learning curve...better to have an experienced keeper who's been there, done that and give the young players in the back four a verbal kick up the ass when they need it.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me its all about presence. We haven't had a keeper with real presence since Kevin Miller mark 2. Sure we have had the type of keeper who can save penalties and stuff like that, but only Andy Marriott and Ben Hamer have come close, giving a feeling of holding things together at the back. That is something which may be at the heart of conceding so many golas this season and it backs up those who call for an experienced keeper.

In my view, Artur can develop, but he is not ready at the moment to be our No. 1 next season. But City is all about developing young players and so Tis may well persevere.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A good keeper needs to be comfortable with the ball at his feet. This was Jones downfall. He was not a natural footballer. Hamer was excellent with the ball at his feet and I beleive Krysiak is pretty good as well, although needs more time to enhance the other aspects of his game.

I think next season we will see Krysiak become a good, consistent keeper.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Who would like to see Argyle's Button between the sticks next season. He was a loanee from Spurs that surely wouldn't mind a season at league 1 City rather than sinking to league 2 with that lot. Good kicking and a good shot stopper in my opinion.
he was spectacularly bad on saturday. he can stay down the a38.

CC

PeteUSA's approval.
No-one will get that. A keeper could keep 43 clean sheets in a season but he would still be accused of being hopeless in some way.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
No-one will get that. A keeper could keep 43 clean sheets in a season but he would still be accused of being hopeless in some way.
What if that keeper was PeteUSA?

Just a thought, like.

chrisnaan

How about Gerken, he's been on the bench pretty much all season at Bristol City.

STURTZ

How about Gerken, he's been on the bench pretty much all season at Bristol City.
He's a bit green.

ecfc01

What makes a good keeper at this level is the confidence of commanding the box! weather to come out or not is Vital